Digital TV News: SES S.A
SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
Jun 15, 2021 – SES has announced that it will continue delivering Comcast Technology Solutions' Managed Satellite Distribution service that currently reaches hundreds of MVDP systems across the U.S.
News categories: SES S.A, Comcast Technology Solutions, Steve Collar, Allison Olien, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
SES now reaches 361 million TV homes worldwide
Mar 23, 2021 – SES has announced the results of its annual Satellite Monitor market research. SES now delivers 8,265 channels, with almost 3,000 in HD, to a total of 361 million households worldwide.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
Feb 26, 2021 – Westdeutscher Rundfunk (WDR) has secured an additional transponder for HD programming on ASTRA at 19.2°E. From 3 March 2021, viewers in North Rhine-Westphalia will be able to receive WDR’s entire programming in HD.
News categories: SES S.A, WDR, Christoph Mühleib, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite
Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
Feb 25, 2021 – Sky UK has extended its contract with SES for satellite capacity in an agreement that will add over €90 million in secured backlog. The renewal is in addition to capacity already under contract that extends through 2027.
News categories: SES S.A, Sky, Steve Collar, Patrick Behar, Content Distribution, Ireland, Satellite, UK
CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
Oct 29, 2020 – SES and CANAL+ have signed agreements for satellite capacity across three geographies, strengthening the companies’ longstanding partnership and underlining the importance of satellite in delivering premium content to more than 10 million subscribers.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+, Steve Collar, Jacques du Puy, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Satellite TV gains popularity in Ghana and Nigeria
Jun 25, 2020 – An SES survey has revealed a steady increase in the penetration of satellite TV across Africa. The study shows an increase in SES reach from 33 million African households in 2018 to 35 million households in 2019.
News categories: SES S.A, Clint Brown, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ghana, IPTV, Market Research, Nigeria, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
ATEME and SES show live over-the-air UHD broadcast using VVC
Jun 9, 2020 – ATEME has partnered with SES, VideoLabs and IETR to show UHD satellite transmission using Versatile Video Coding (VVC). The test transmission carried a UHD (4K) video stream using the new standard.
News categories: ATEME, SES S.A., VideoLabs, IETR, Mickaël Raulet, Thomas Wrede, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Media Player, Satellite
SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
May 27, 2020 – SES has revealed the results of its first TV market reception survey in the Philippines. Satellite TV (17%) is the second-most popular mode of TV reception, behind terrestrial TV (66%) but ahead of cable TV (15%) and IPTV (2%).
News categories: SES S.A, Yew Weng Soo, Digital TV, Market Research, Philippines
SES delivery footprint up 12 million in 2019
Apr 23, 2020 – The number of TV households that SES reaches directly or indirectly via satellite increased by 12 million to 367 million in 2019. Much of the increase was in TV reception - satellite and cable - infrastructure which grew by 9 million.
News categories: SES S.A, Ferdinand Kayser, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated