Digital TV News: SES S.A
CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
Oct 29, 2020 – SES and CANAL+ have signed agreements for satellite capacity across three geographies, strengthening the companies’ longstanding partnership and underlining the importance of satellite in delivering premium content to more than 10 million subscribers.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+, Steve Collar, Jacques du Puy, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Satellite TV gains popularity in Ghana and Nigeria
Jun 25, 2020 – An SES survey has revealed a steady increase in the penetration of satellite TV across Africa. The study shows an increase in SES reach from 33 million African households in 2018 to 35 million households in 2019.
News categories: SES S.A, Clint Brown, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ghana, IPTV, Market Research, Nigeria, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
ATEME and SES show live over-the-air UHD broadcast using VVC
Jun 9, 2020 – ATEME has partnered with SES, VideoLabs and IETR to show UHD satellite transmission using Versatile Video Coding (VVC). The test transmission carried a UHD (4K) video stream using the new standard.
News categories: ATEME, SES S.A., VideoLabs, IETR, Mickaël Raulet, Thomas Wrede, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Media Player, Satellite
SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
May 27, 2020 – SES has revealed the results of its first TV market reception survey in the Philippines. Satellite TV (17%) is the second-most popular mode of TV reception, behind terrestrial TV (66%) but ahead of cable TV (15%) and IPTV (2%).
News categories: SES S.A, Yew Weng Soo, Digital TV, Market Research, Philippines
SES delivery footprint up 12 million in 2019
Apr 23, 2020 – The number of TV households that SES reaches directly or indirectly via satellite increased by 12 million to 367 million in 2019. Much of the increase was in TV reception - satellite and cable - infrastructure which grew by 9 million.
News categories: SES S.A, Ferdinand Kayser, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Ethiosat DTH TV platform for Ethiopia launches on NSS-12
Oct 3, 2019 – Ethiosat has launched – the first Ethiopian TV platform to host Ethiopia’s most popular local channels. This has been made possible by agreements between the Association of Ethiopian Broadcasters (AEB), the Ethiopian Broadcasting Corporation (EBC), and SES.
News categories: SES S.A, Association of Ethiopian Broadcasters, Ferdinand Kayser, Amman Fissehazion, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
Kartina TV to expand reach using ASTRA 1N at 19.2°E
Sep 30, 2019 – SES has announced that OTT platform Kartina TV plans to expand its reach in Europe by also broadcasting a bouquet of its Russian-language TV channels on a new FTV (Free-to-View) encrypted DTH platform on ASTRA 1N at 19.2 degrees East.
News categories: SES S.A, Kartina TV, Håkan Sjödin, Oleg Jecov, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
SES solution for live events synchronises satellite and OTT
Sep 4, 2019 – The solution from SAS, which will be showcased at IBC2019 in Amsterdam, synchronises OTT and satellite broadcasts by delivering IP signals to OTT platforms as fast as satellite to create enhanced live viewing experiences.
News categories: SES S.A, Ferdinand Kayser, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2021, Satellite, Streaming, Worldwide
Baita Conteúdo distributes HD channels via SES-6 in Brazil
Jul 25, 2019 – Thanks to a partnership with SES, Baita Conteúdo, which currently distributes its channels over the internet to cable TV operators in Brazil, will deliver the same channels via satellite and reach all cable and DTH operators served by SES-6.
News categories: SES S.A, Baita Conteúdo, Jurandir Pitsch, Pedro Bernardo, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021