Digital TV News: SES-ASTRA
SES: Satellite Further Increases Technical Reach in Germany
Sep 6, 2011 – SES S.A. (Paris; LuxX:SESG) has announced that satellite has further increased its technical reach in Germany, its largest single market. According to the research, 17.1 million German households now watch television directly via satellite.
News categories: SES S.A., Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Solaris Mobile to Showcase at the GSM Mobile World Congress 2011
Jan 28, 2011 – Solaris Mobile will showcase at the 2011 GSMA Mobile World Congress in Barcelona from the 14th-17th February on the Enterprise Ireland stand located in Hall 1, stand no. 1F17.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, MWC22
MTG Launches Viasat 3D
Dec 16, 2010 – Modern Times Group (STO:MTGB, MTGA) has announced that Viasat Broadcasting is the first Scandinavian pay-TV operator to launch a 3D TV service. Viasat 3D is now available to satellite subscribers through Viasat's digital OnDemand set-top box.
News categories: Modern Times Group, Denmark, Metaverse, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden
Satellite overtakes cable in Europe
Mar 18, 2010 – SES ASTRA (Paris, LuxX: SESG) has announced that for the first time satellite reaches more households than cable in Europe, with 77 million satellite and 71 million cable households. Terrestrial infrastructures reach 86.5 million households.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
SES Reports Solid Nine Months Core Infrastructure Performance
Oct 23, 2009 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has reported results for the nine months to 30 September 2009. No satellites were launched in the quarter, however preparations are well advanced for the launch of NSS-12 which will deliver a mix of DTH, VSAT and telecom applications.
News categories: SES S.A., Content Distribution, Results, Satellite
SES Reports Continued Strong Results
Oct 27, 2008 – SES S.A. (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) reports on financial performance for the nine months ended 30th September 2008. Total utilised capacity increased from 820 at 30th June 2008 to 821 transponders at 30th September 2008.
News categories: Content Distribution, Results, Satellite
Entropic Communications Announces Its Channel Stacking Switch Technology Supports ASTRA'S Single Cable LNB Specifications
Jun 12, 2008 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its Channel Stacking Switch products support the ASTRA Single Cable Low Noise Block (LNB) down converter technical specification.
News categories: Entropic Communications, MTI, SES-ASTRA, DVR, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Sogecable launches Canal+ HD, Spain's first national High Definition channel
Jan 29, 2008 – Sogecable has launched Canal+ HD, the first High Definition channel with national coverage to broadcast in Spain.
News categories: Sogecable, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution