Digital TV News: SMG
Cincinnati Bell to be acquired by Macquarie
Mar 13, 2020 – Cincinnati Bell (NYSE:CBB), together with Macquarie Infrastructure Partners (MIP), has announced an agreement through which a MIP-controlled subsidiary will acquire all outstanding shares of Cincinnati Bell.
News categories: Cincinnati Bell, Macquarie Infrastructure Partners, Ares Management, Lynn A. Wentworth, Leigh Fox, Karl Kuchel, Scott Graves, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, USA
DVB creates group to define Targeted Advertising commercial requirements
Jan 23, 2018 – Following the publication of the Study Mission Report on Targeted Advertising in September, the DVB Steering Board has approved the creation of a dedicated group to implement the report’s recommendations.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Angelo Pettazzi, Vincent Grivet, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
SVoD to generate 6% of pay TV revenue in China by 2016
Mar 11, 2015 – Subscription video on demand (SVod) will rise to 28.3 million users in China in 2016, as OTT players secure exclusive rights to paid sports content such as English Premier League, according to a report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Hansang He, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
VIA Platform to Power Lenovo and BesTV Smart TV Solution
Jan 5, 2012 – VIA Technologies has announced that BesTV New Media, a subsidiary of Shanghai Media Group (SMG) and Lenovo Group in Shanghai have adopted the VIA Nano processor to power the Lenovo A30 Internet TV Set Top Box.
News categories: VIA Technologies, SMG, Lenovo, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Lenovo announces launch of own-brand connected TVs
Mar 17, 2011 – Lenovo has announced that it will launch its own brand of connected televisions by the end of this year. Lenovo also announced a joint venture with Shanghai Media Group (SMG) on mobile internet and digital home products.
News categories: Lenovo, SMG, China, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
Orange and BesTV New Media to collaborate on the development of multimedia content services
Jan 15, 2010 – China's BesTV and Orange (Paris & NYSE: FTE) have signed an agreement with a view to collaborating over three-screen convergence services. The companies have agreed to work together to develop convergent services for TV, mobile phones and PCs.
News categories: Orange, BesTV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
ViXS Systems to integrate SypherMedia Security Technology
Sep 14, 2009 – ViXS Systems has announced that it has added SMI's SypherMedia GateKeyper™ and Kernel™ technologies into the Xtensive™ applications developer software suite for its multimedia ICs.
News categories: ViXS Systems, SypherMedia International, Conditional Access, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Jiangsu Province sees sharp rise in IPTV subscribers
Oct 15, 2008 – The number of IPTV subscribers in Jiangsu Province rose by 471 percent in the first nine months of 2008, to over 200,000 at the end of September 2008, the sharpest rise in IPTV use in the country.
News categories: China, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers
Intel, SMG Cooperate on Terrestrial DTV
Mar 10, 2008 – In a joint announcement, Intel (INTC) and the Shanghai Media Group (SMG) have announced that the two companies would join forces to promote wireless DTV.
News categories: Intel Corp, Shanghai Media Group, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Smart Home, Streaming, Terrestrial
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen