Digital TV News: SNL Kagan
Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
Jul 23, 2021 – Redbox has partnered with Wurl to facilitate and expand the selection of free channels on Redbox Free Live TV. With 100 channels of programming, Free Live TV caters to the tastes and interests of Redbox's 40 million customers.
News categories: Redbox, Wurl, Chris Yates, Sean Doherty, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Touchstream debuts live OTT stream content availability monitoring
Oct 17, 2017 – Touchstream has announced StreamCAM, Stream Content Availability Monitor, its cloud-based service for live linear OTT streams. StreamCAM ensures stream availability by monitoring each bitrate 24/7/365 to help providers mitigate QoE issues.
News categories: Touchstream, Brenton Ough, Digital TV, OTT, QoE, USA, Worldwide
MaxLinear and Gospell deliver multi-tuner LNB solution for satellite
Sep 18, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced a reference design with Gospell Digital Technology. The platform combines MaxLinear’s MxL80x satellite RF downconverter and MxL862 digital channel stacking switch (dCSS) ICs.
News categories: MaxLinear, Gospell Digital Technology, Will Torgerson, Zhao Mulin, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Ooredoo launches first 4K/UHD channels in the Middle East with Harmonic
Mar 15, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Ooredoo has launched the first 4K TV channels in the Middle East using a next-generation Electra video compression solution for all-IP environments.
News categories: Harmonic, Ooredoo, Ian Graham, Fatima Sultan Al Kuwari, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Qatar
Irdeto and Harmonic team up to support CSA3 scrambling
Jan 19, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that it is working with Harmonic to provide the world’s first integrated and proven Common Scrambling Algorithm v3 (CSA3) solution. This next-generation encryption technology enables pay TV operators to securely launch advanced formats like 4K UHD.
News categories: Irdeto, Harmonic, Steeve Huin, Bart Spriester, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
STB shipments expected to have grown in 2016
Dec 8, 2016 – According to SNL Kagan, worldwide STB shipments are on track to reach 273 million in 2016, up slightly from 269 million in 2015. Although unit volumes are expected to increase, STB revenues are again trending lower.
News categories: S&P Global, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SNL Kagan releases Q3 U.S. multichannel subscriber report
Nov 14, 2016 – The U.S. multichannel segment produced a drop in third quarter video customers that was slightly worse year-over-year, according to SNL Kagan, though the cable sector continues to show progress in mitigating losses.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
STARZ to launch on DIRECTV NOW
Nov 10, 2016 – Starz (NASDAQ: STRZA, STRZB) has announced that STARZ and STARZ ENCORE premium pay TV channels and services will be available on the new AT&T streaming service DIRECTV NOW.
News categories: Starz, AT&T, Jeffrey Hirsch, Dan York, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
Skyworth claims global number three STB slot
Aug 23, 2016 – Skyworth Digital Technology (000810.SZ) has revealed that it shipped 30 million set-top boxes globally in 2015 – making it the third biggest set-top manufacturer in the world. Contributing to these figures was the shipment of more than seven million OTT boxes.
News categories: Skyworth, Darrell Haber, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- DELTA Fiber expands fiber network to 2 million addresses
- High-speed fibre overtakes DSL in OECD countries
- Liberty Global reports Q2 2021 results
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico