Digital TV News: SNL Kagan
Next 10 years look upbeat for the U.S. cable industry
Aug 11, 2016 – For the U.S. cable industry, the 10-year outlook is bright, according to SNL Kagan. The industry’s broadband advantage and bundling stance will enhance revenues from 2016 to 2026.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Ian Olgeirson, Tony Lenoir, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
U.S. multichannel subscriber loss tops 1 million in 2015
Mar 14, 2016 – According to SNL Kagan, the downward trajectory of the U.S. multichannel segment continued in Q4 2015 despite a resurgence in cable subscriptions and solid DBS results, suggesting a share shift rather than a retreat from cord cutting.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Set-Top Box shipments expected to top 250 million in 2015
Jan 14, 2016 – According to SNL Kagan, global set-top box (STB) shipments maintained elevated levels in 2015, buoyed by demand in emerging market such as China and India. Worldwide STB shipments are on track to reach 253.1 million in 2015, up marginally from 248.6 million in 2014.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
U.S. pay TV sheds over 600,000 video subscribers in 2Q 2015
Aug 13, 2015 – According to the most recent report from SNL Kagan, the inconclusive movement in U.S. multichannel subscriptions took a more decisive direction in the second quarter, producing the largest loss to date amid growing fears of cord cutting.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
European cable finances improving; US prospects not so bright
Jun 30, 2015 – SNL Kagan has expanded coverage to include leading markets in Europe, and have released some key findings from their research on the major markets of France, Germany and the U.K.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finance, France, Germany, Market Research, UK, USA
Netflix' international business yet to turn a profit
Apr 20, 2015 – Netflix international paid subscribers totaled 16.8 million at the end of 2014, according to SNL Kagan. While the international business has yet to turn a profit, the company has seen strong growth in its non-U.S. markets thus far.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Netflix, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Market Research, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, Venezuela
OTT has huge potential in Asia, but piracy still a hindrance
Mar 5, 2015 – CASBAA, the Association for digital multichannel TV, content, platforms, advertising and video delivery throughout the Asia-Pacific, recently concluded its OTT Summit 2015 at the Grand Hyatt Singapore.
News categories: CASBAA, Christine Fellowes, Asia, Content Protection, Market Research, Streaming
Verimatrix provides enhanced revenue security for Telefónica's Movistar TV
Feb 11, 2015 – Verimatrix has announced that Telefónica has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV to provide enhanced revenue security for its Movistar TV, part of the Fusión service in Spain.
News categories: Verimatrix, Telefónica, Steve Oetegenn, Roberto Campo, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain
South Korea, Japan, China, Australia and Taiwan have highest OTT viability in Asia
Oct 3, 2014 – CASBAA and SNL Kagan recently conducted a webinar detailing how upstart OTT providers are taking on traditional multichannel providers in the fight for Asia Pacific's video customers.
News categories: CASBAA, SNL Kagan, Christopher Slaughter, Ben Reneker, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way