Digital TV News: STARZ PLAY
STARZ PLAY Arabia launches in Middle East & North Africa
Apr 1, 2015 – Starz (NASDAQ: STRZA, STRZB) has announced details of the STARZ PLAY Arabia which has launched in 17 countries. STARZ PLAY is a direct-to-consumer multiplatform subscription video service for select markets in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
News categories: Starz, Parsifal Entertainment, Maaz Sheikh, Chris Albrecht, John Penney, Peter Ekelund, Digital TV, Middle-East, Mobile, OTT
Starz adds ENCORE PLAY and MOVIEPLEX PLAY to Xbox One
Nov 18, 2014 – Starz has announced that ENCORE PLAY and MOVIEPLEX PLAY, the online TV services for ENCORE and MOVIEPLEX premium subscribers, have launched on Xbox One following on from the August 2014 debut of STARZ PLAY.
News categories: Starz, Apps, Gaming, OTT, USA
45+ new entertainment apps coming to Xbox
Jun 4, 2014 – Microsoft has announce that more than 45 new entertainment apps are coming to Xbox One and Xbox 360, including optimized-for-TV Twitter integration, Vine, HBO GO, ShowTime Anytime, Comedy Central and Major League Gaming (MLG).
News categories: Xbox, Yusuf Mehdi, Jana Messerschmidt, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, Worldwide
One Million Xbox LIVE Members Download and Activate Netflix on Xbox 360
Feb 5, 2009 – Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) and Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) have announced that 1 million Xbox LIVE Gold members have downloaded and activated the groundbreaking Xbox LIVE application from Netflix since the alliance launched last November.
News categories: Netflix, Xbox, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, USA
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic