Digital TV News: STARZ PLAY
Nine countries in the Arab world have IPTV providers
Jun 16, 2015 – In April, fourteen service providers in nine countries in the Arab World offered IPTV services. Research by the Arab Advisors Group revealed that GCC countries had the largest number of IPTV providers in the region.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Hiba Al Atiyat, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
STARZ PLAY Arabia launches in Middle East & North Africa
Apr 1, 2015 – Starz (NASDAQ: STRZA, STRZB) has announced details of the STARZ PLAY Arabia which has launched in 17 countries. STARZ PLAY is a direct-to-consumer multiplatform subscription video service for select markets in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
News categories: Starz, Parsifal Entertainment, Maaz Sheikh, Chris Albrecht, John Penney, Peter Ekelund, Digital TV, Middle-East, Mobile, OTT
Starz adds ENCORE PLAY and MOVIEPLEX PLAY to Xbox One
Nov 18, 2014 – Starz has announced that ENCORE PLAY and MOVIEPLEX PLAY, the online TV services for ENCORE and MOVIEPLEX premium subscribers, have launched on Xbox One following on from the August 2014 debut of STARZ PLAY.
News categories: Starz, Apps, Gaming, OTT, USA
45+ new entertainment apps coming to Xbox
Jun 4, 2014 – Microsoft has announce that more than 45 new entertainment apps are coming to Xbox One and Xbox 360, including optimized-for-TV Twitter integration, Vine, HBO GO, ShowTime Anytime, Comedy Central and Major League Gaming (MLG).
News categories: Xbox, Yusuf Mehdi, Jana Messerschmidt, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, Worldwide
One Million Xbox LIVE Members Download and Activate Netflix on Xbox 360
Feb 5, 2009 – Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) and Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) have announced that 1 million Xbox LIVE Gold members have downloaded and activated the groundbreaking Xbox LIVE application from Netflix since the alliance launched last November.
News categories: Netflix, Xbox, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, USA
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES