Digital TV News: Saffron Digital
Akamai launches Predictive Content Delivery solutions
Feb 22, 2016 – Akamai (NASDAQ: AKAM) has announced availability of the Company's Predictive Content Delivery solutions designed to optimize content delivery and on-device caching to improve video quality and enable offline viewing.
News categories: Akamai, Saffron Digital, Verimatrix, Lior Netzer, Jason Keane, Petr Peterka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, MWC20, Worldwide
Saffron Digital and Verimatrix collaborate on OTT content security
Apr 10, 2015 – Saffron Digital has partnered with Verimatrix to offer revenue security and monetization tools to broadcasters and operators. The partnership enhances Saffron Digital’s OTT platform, MainStage, with Verimatrix’s revenue security solution.
News categories: Saffron Digital, Verimatrix, Malachi Bierstein, Steve Oetegenn, Content Protection, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
KDDI and Saffron Digital launch dedicated anime service
Jul 21, 2014 – Saffron Digital has said that it has been selected by KDDI to design and build Anime Pass, a new specialist multi-platform video service, which offers unlimited anime content.
News categories: Saffron Digital, KDDI, Hidenori Shima, Peter Bellamy, Content Distribution, IBCShowcase, Japan, OTT
ITV Essentials makes ITV soaps available outside UK
Nov 13, 2013 – ITV has announced that it is set to launch ITV Essentials, an international service giving ex-pats and holidaymakers the opportunity to watch their favourite ITV soaps, while abroad.
News categories: ITV plc, Saffron Digital, Neale Dennett, Jason Keane, Austria, Belgium, Digital TV, France, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, OTT, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, UK
Deutsche Telekom powers Switzerland's first subscription video-on-demand service
Nov 11, 2013 – Deutsche Telekom Business Development & Innovation (BDI), has announced that Teleboy, Switzerland’s number one live streaming service, is the first customer of VideoRise, BDI’s recently launched online video platform powered by Saffron Digital.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Saffron Digital, Teleboy, Karim Zekri, Karim El-Khazen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Switzerland
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering