Digital TV News: Sagemcom
Plume and Samsung launch OpenSync open source initiative
Oct 23, 2018 – Plume and Samsung have announced the formation of an open source software initiative called OpenSync. The initiative creates a silicon, CPE, and cloud-agnostic approach for the curation, delivery and management of emerging residential services leveraging managed Wi-Fi.
News categories: Plume, Samsung, Liberty Global, Fahri Diner, Chanwoo Park, Dan Hennessy, Shawn Omstead, Fraser Stirling, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
Wibox launches Android TV 4K offer secured by Viaccess-Orca
Sep 11, 2018 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Wibox has launched Android TV 4K STBs secured by VO's DRM. Manufactured by Sagemcom, the STBs will enable FTTH subscribers to access content through IPTV and OTT networks protected by VO, via a user experience provided by DotScreen.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Wibox, Sagemcom, DOTSCREEN, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Mathieu Gourraud, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, France, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX
BrightBlue and Sagemcom create turnkey 4K IPTV solution
Jun 12, 2018 – At ANGA 2018, BrightBlue is presenting an IPTV platform designed to establish a new standard in the industry with the cooperation of Sagemcom. The solution is a high-end turnkey package including a 4K UHD Linux STB from Sagemcom.
News categories: BrightBlue, Sagemcom, Peter Kamphuis, Olivier Taravel, ANGA COM, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Telecable and Sagemcom launch 4K Android TV set-top
Sep 13, 2017 – Telecable has launched its Android TV 4K tedi set-top box, designed and manufactured by Sagemcom. The set-top box, integrating the latest cutting-edge technologies, gives access to a complete TV and multimedia entertainment offer.
News categories: Sagemcom, Telecable, Olivier Taravel, Aitor Markaida, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Spain
Global set-top box market to top $46bn by 2027
Aug 14, 2017 – The set-top box market is anticipated to witness robust growth during 2017-2027. According to Future Market Insights, the APEJ set-top box market is expected to have the highest growth rate over the period.
News categories: Future Market Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Monaco Telecom chooses Hubee to develop its Replay application
May 12, 2017 – Monaco Telecom and Hubee have teamed up to launch the Replay application in HTML5 on LaBOX, manufactured by Sagemcom. The Replay service provides an intuitive user experience thanks to optimized HD content and smooth navigation employing the latest web technologies.
News categories: Hubee, Monaco Telecom, Digital TV, HTML5, IPTV, Monaco, Set Top Box, UX
DNA to offer Android TV STB in Finland
May 3, 2017 – DNA has announced the launch of its DNA TV-hubi device in Finland. The box combines all forms of watching television, channels, applications, games and music into a single convenient service.
News categories: DNA, Sagemcom, Mikko Saarentaus, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Minerva and partners show Cloud-ready multi-tenant pay TV solution
Apr 21, 2017 – Minerva Networks and selected eco-system partners will demonstrate at the NAB show in Las Vegas how multiple operators with a variety of access networks can deliver a broad range of compelling pay TV services while sharing video and service management infrastructure.
News categories: Minerva, Jean-Georges Fritsch, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
Sagemcom STBs integrated with Minerva 10
Jan 5, 2017 – Sagemcom and Minerva have announced the integration of their solutions to provide IPTV operators a turnkey solution for new services. Sagemcom’s set‐top box is built around a quad digital core from Broadcom.
News categories: Sagemcom, Minerva, Olivier Taravel, Jean‐George Fritsch, CES2023, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022