Digital TV News: Salt
Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
Mar 28, 2023 – Comscore has expanded 'Pulse' within its TV measurement solution, providing agencies, brands and media companies with 48-hour TV measurement nationally and in all 210 U.S. media markets.
News categories: Comscore, Carol Hinnant, Jackie Lynch, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Sony enters into live streaming deal with Vidgo
Mar 8, 2023 – Sony and Vidgo are bringing Vidgo's streaming service to Sony smart TVs in the US. Vidgo's lineup of TV networks and on-demand content will be available through the Vidgo app on the Sony TV homepage.
News categories: Vidgo, Sony, Derek Mattsson, Paul Erickson, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
France Télévisions, M6 and TF1 announce liquidation of SALTO
Feb 15, 2023 – France Télévisions, M6 (Paris:MMT) and TF1 have announced their decision to close the SALTO platform. Launched on 20th October 2020, SALTO has currently nearly one million subscribers.
News categories: SALTO, France Télévisions, M6 Group, TF1, Marc Sénéchal, Digital TV, France, MandA, Streaming
Details of HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2021 announced
Sep 29, 2021 – The HbbTV Association has announced that the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2021 will take place as an in-person event on November 24-25 at the Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris in France.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Salto, Vincent Grivet, Thomas Follin, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Salt offers UEI's voice-enabled Apple TV 4K remote control
Sep 1, 2021 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) has announced that Swiss telecommunication operator Salt is one of the first providers to offer UEI's voice-enabled Apple TV 4K remote control designed specifically for MVPDs.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Salt, Paul Arling, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Switzerland, UX
Scripps completes acquisition of ION Media
Jan 7, 2021 – Scripps (NASDAQ: SSP) and Black Diamond Capital Management have closed Scripps' acquisition of ION Media Networks. Scripps is combining ION with the Katz networks and Newsy to create a national U.S. TV networks business.
News categories: Scripps, Black Diamond, Adam Symson, Christopher W. Parker, Content Distribution, MandA, USA
Nexstar Media launches NEXTGEN TV in Denver
Dec 23, 2020 – Nexstar Media Group (Nasdaq: NXST) has announced that KDVR-TV and KWGN-TV, Nexstar's local television stations serving the Denver, Colorado, area (DMA #16) have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Nexstar Media, Brett Jenkins, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
Oct 22, 2020 – Bedrock, the joint venture formed by Groupe M6 and RTL Group, has announced that its technology is powering Salto, the streaming platform created by Groupe TF1, France Télévisions and Groupe M6.
News categories: Bedrock, Salto, Jonas Engwall, Thomas Follin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming
Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
Aug 5, 2020 – France’s video entertainment market is expected to gain long-term benefits from the COVID-19 pandemic, with an anticipated uplift in sector revenues which is marginally higher than previous market forecasts, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, COVID-19, Digital TV, France, Market Research
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart