Digital TV News: Samsung Electronics
Samsung to offer screens with HDR10+ GAMING support
Dec 23, 2021 – Select 2022 4K and 8K TVs and gaming monitors from Samsung will support the new HDR10+ GAMING standard. HDR10+ GAMING gives developers the tools they need to provide gamers with a consistent HDR gaming experience without the need for manual calibration.
News categories: Samsung, NVIDIA, Seokwoo Yong, Vijay Sharma, Todd Hollenshead, Digital TV, Gaming, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
Jul 26, 2021 – The 8K Association has revealed that there are now over seventy 8K TVs certified by the 8KA. This includes nearly 50 models launched in the first half of 2021 from three of the world's top TV brands – Hisense, Samsung, and TCL.
News categories: 8K Association, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
QLED/OLED TV shipments projected to break records this year
Jun 30, 2021 – Component price hikes and shortages have forced TV brands in 2021 to reduce shipments of mid- and small-sized TVs in favor of the more profitable large-sized, mid- to high-end TVs instead, according to TrendForce.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
May 13, 2021 – Samsung Ads has announced that TV measurement from Nielsen is available for purchasing inventory on Samsung TV Plus. Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings will enable advertisers to more easily utilize Samsung TV Plus inventory.
News categories: Nielsen, Samsung, Ameneh Atai, Tom Fochetta, Sara Sorce, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
CTA announces return to Las Vegas for CES 2022
Apr 29, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has announced that CES 2022 will return to Las Vegas next year. CTA will convene the tech industry in-person and digitally. CES heads back to Las Vegas Jan. 5-8, 2022.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Karen Chupka, CES2023, COVID-19, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Rakuten TV to roll out 20 channels on Samsung TV Plus
Apr 20, 2021 – Rakuten TV has expanded its free content offering on Samsung's AVOD service with the launch of over 20 of the its own and third-party channels on Samsung TV Plus across 16 European markets.
News categories: Rakuten TV, Samsung, Rakuten Advertising, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
Apr 12, 2021 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $466.2 billion in 2020, an increase of 10.4% from 2019, according to final results from Gartner. Intel retained its position as the No. 1 global semiconductor vendor by revenue in 2020.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, COVID-19, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
Jan 14, 2021 – Following a decline of 12% in 2019, worldwide semiconductor revenue rebounded in 2020 to total $449.8 billion, an increase of 7.3% from 2019, according to Gartner. Intel retained its position at No. 1.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
HDR10+ Technologies announces HDR10+ ADAPTIVE
Jan 5, 2021 – HDR10+ Technologies has announced the specifications for a new feature called HDR10+ ADAPTIVE, designed to optimize HDR10+ content for a more consistent viewing experience in various environments.
News categories: HDR10+ Technologies, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools