Digital TV News: SanDisk
Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 2.6% in 2016
May 15, 2017 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $343.5 billion in 2016, a 2.6% increase from 2015 revenue of $334.9 billion, according to Gartner. The top 25 semiconductor vendors' combined revenue increased 10.5%.
News categories: Gartner, James Hines, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
SCSA releases VIDITY licensing specifications
Aug 26, 2015 – The Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) has released licensing specifications for its VIDITY technology, which enables secure delivery of entertainment, including locally stored playback of 4K Ultra HD and HD movies across multiple devices.
News categories: SCSA, David Huerta, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Amino deploys TimeShift pause live TV in the Netherlands
Feb 11, 2015 – Amino has announced a major operator in the Netherlands as the first customer for its Amino TimeShift pause live TV (PLTV) solution. The solution has been developed to ensure that viewers will never miss a moment of their favourite TV.
News categories: Amino, SanDisk, Donald McGarva, Oded Sagee, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, Set Top Box
Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) Selects Cryptography Research to Provide Security Expertise
Sep 6, 2012 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ: RMBS) has announced that it has been selected by the Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) to provide security expertise. The SCSA is a consortium founded to provide consumers with new ways to build digital home libraries.
News categories: Cryptography Research, SCSA, Content Protection, Smart Home, Streaming
Fox, Warner, SanDisk and Western Digital to Advance Digital Ownership of HD Movies
Feb 28, 2012 – Twentieth Century Fox, Warner Bros., SanDisk (Nasdaq:SNDK), and Western Digital (NYSE:WDC) have revealed 'Project Phenix', an initiative that will give consumers a way to organize, store and move their HD digital movies and TV shows across multiple devices.
News categories: Content Protection, DRM, Streaming
New IEEE P2200 Draft Standard Aims To Deliver High Quality Mobile Experience (HQME) To Consumers Worldwide
Feb 14, 2011 – The HQME Steering Committee, a newly formed group of mobile and content industry leaders, has announced a proposed industry standard aimed at addressing challenges of efficiently managing and delivering data from mobile networks to mobile devices.
News categories: HQME, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC21, Streaming
New Set-Top-Boxes with DVR-Like Features Enabled by NDS Software and SanDisk Solid State Drives
Sep 9, 2010 – SanDisk (NASDAQ:SNDK) and NDS have announced that NDS has successfully combined NDS MediaHighway® STB software and SanDisk® P4 solid state drives (SSD) to enable a new range of lower cost set-top box (STB) with DVR like functionality.
News categories: NDS Group, SanDisk, Digital TV, DVR, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box
Wi-Fi Becomes the Multimedia Interface of Choice for Consumer Entertainment Devices
Dec 15, 2009 – Wi-Fi has taken the entertainment device market by storm, with cameras, gaming devices (handheld and consoles), and personal media players (PMPs) incorporating the technology within the past few years, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Gaming, Market Research, Smart Home, Tablet
Zoran Demonstrates New HDTV, Set-Top Box, Digital Camera, HD DVD, Multimedia Mobile Phone, Printer and Connected Technologies at CES 2009
Jan 6, 2009 – Zoran (Nasdaq: ZRAN) has announced that it is demonstrating its newest digital entertainment and digital imaging platforms and technologies for consumer electronics manufacturers at CES 2009 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Zoran, CES2022, Semiconductor
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors