Digital TV News: SanDisk
Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 2.6% in 2016
May 15, 2017 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $343.5 billion in 2016, a 2.6% increase from 2015 revenue of $334.9 billion, according to Gartner. The top 25 semiconductor vendors' combined revenue increased 10.5%.
News categories: Gartner, James Hines, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
SCSA releases VIDITY licensing specifications
Aug 26, 2015 – The Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) has released licensing specifications for its VIDITY technology, which enables secure delivery of entertainment, including locally stored playback of 4K Ultra HD and HD movies across multiple devices.
News categories: SCSA, David Huerta, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Amino deploys TimeShift pause live TV in the Netherlands
Feb 11, 2015 – Amino has announced a major operator in the Netherlands as the first customer for its Amino TimeShift pause live TV (PLTV) solution. The solution has been developed to ensure that viewers will never miss a moment of their favourite TV.
News categories: Amino, SanDisk, Donald McGarva, Oded Sagee, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, Set Top Box
Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) Selects Cryptography Research to Provide Security Expertise
Sep 6, 2012 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ: RMBS) has announced that it has been selected by the Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) to provide security expertise. The SCSA is a consortium founded to provide consumers with new ways to build digital home libraries.
News categories: Cryptography Research, SCSA, Content Protection, Smart Home, Streaming
Fox, Warner, SanDisk and Western Digital to Advance Digital Ownership of HD Movies
Feb 28, 2012 – Twentieth Century Fox, Warner Bros., SanDisk (Nasdaq:SNDK), and Western Digital (NYSE:WDC) have revealed 'Project Phenix', an initiative that will give consumers a way to organize, store and move their HD digital movies and TV shows across multiple devices.
News categories: Content Protection, DRM, Streaming
New IEEE P2200 Draft Standard Aims To Deliver High Quality Mobile Experience (HQME) To Consumers Worldwide
Feb 14, 2011 – The HQME Steering Committee, a newly formed group of mobile and content industry leaders, has announced a proposed industry standard aimed at addressing challenges of efficiently managing and delivering data from mobile networks to mobile devices.
News categories: HQME, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC22, Streaming
New Set-Top-Boxes with DVR-Like Features Enabled by NDS Software and SanDisk Solid State Drives
Sep 9, 2010 – SanDisk (NASDAQ:SNDK) and NDS have announced that NDS has successfully combined NDS MediaHighway® STB software and SanDisk® P4 solid state drives (SSD) to enable a new range of lower cost set-top box (STB) with DVR like functionality.
News categories: NDS Group, SanDisk, Digital TV, DVR, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box
Wi-Fi Becomes the Multimedia Interface of Choice for Consumer Entertainment Devices
Dec 15, 2009 – Wi-Fi has taken the entertainment device market by storm, with cameras, gaming devices (handheld and consoles), and personal media players (PMPs) incorporating the technology within the past few years, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Gaming, Market Research, Smart Home, Tablet
Zoran Demonstrates New HDTV, Set-Top Box, Digital Camera, HD DVD, Multimedia Mobile Phone, Printer and Connected Technologies at CES 2009
Jan 6, 2009 – Zoran (Nasdaq: ZRAN) has announced that it is demonstrating its newest digital entertainment and digital imaging platforms and technologies for consumer electronics manufacturers at CES 2009 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Zoran, CES2023, Semiconductor
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity