Digital TV News: Satya Nadella
NBA partners with Microsoft to create D2C platform
Apr 16, 2020 – The NBA and Microsoft have announced that Microsoft and NBA Digital are to create a platform on Microsoft Azure that will use machine learning and AI to deliver personalized game broadcasts and other content offerings direct to consumers.
News categories: Microsoft, National Basketball Association, Satya Nadella, Adam Silver, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
May 16, 2019 – Sony and Microsoft have announced that Sony will use Microsoft Azure datacenter solutions for its game and content streaming services, and that the two companies will explore joint development of cloud solutions for the future.
News categories: Microsoft, Sony Corp, Satya Nadell, Kenichiro Yoshida, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Telefónica and Microsoft collaborate on AI for telcos
Feb 25, 2019 – Telefónica and Microsoft have announced a strategic partnership. The agreement will combine the power of Telefónica's networks, customer proposition and global reach with the Microsoft Azure AI platform to design services telcos will offer in the future.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Satya Nadella, Europe, Latin America, MWC23, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
Amazon and Microsoft enable interoperability between Alexa and Cortana
Aug 30, 2017 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) and Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) have announced that Alexa will be able to talk to Cortana, and Cortana will be able to talk to Alexa. You will be able to turn to your Echo device and say, 'Alexa, open Cortana,' or turn to your Windows 10 device and say, 'Cortana, open Alexa.'
News categories: Amazon, Microsoft, Jeff Bezos, Satya Nadella, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward