Digital TV News: Scott McGregor
Broadcom reports second quarter 2015 results
Jul 30, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has reported results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2015. Net revenue for the quarter was $2.10 billion, an increase of 2.7% compared with the $2.04 billion reported for the second quarter of 2014.
News categories: Broadcom, Scott McGregor, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Avago Technologies to acquire Broadcom
May 28, 2015 – Avago Technologies (NASDAQ: AVGO) and Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) have announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Avago will acquire Broadcom in a cash and stock transaction that values the combined company at $77 billion in enterprise value.
News categories: Avago Technologies, Broadcom, Hock Tan, Dr. Henry T. Nicholas, Dr. Henry Samueli, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom plans workforce reduction of up to 1,150 employees
Oct 22, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has reported results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2013. During the quarter Broadcom initiated a global restructuring plan. The plan includes a workforce reduction of up to 1,150 employees (some of whom originated from the Renesas acquisition).
News categories: Broadcom, Scott McGregor, Cable TV, Results, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom to 'right-size' digital TV organisation
Oct 22, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has reported unaudited financial results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2009. Net revenue for the third quarter of 2009 was $1.254 billion, a decrease of 3.4% compared with the third quarter of 2008.
News categories: Broadcom, Digital TV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom Demonstrates Premier Cellular, Connectivity and Multimedia Processing Solutions at Mobile World Congress
Feb 13, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) will demonstrate its portfolio of complete system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions for mobile devices at the 2009 Mobile World Congress trade show in Barcelona, Spain, from February 16th through February 19th.
News categories: Broadcom, Mobile, MWC21, Semiconductor
Broadcom Powers the Connected Digital Home at CES 2009
Jan 6, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that it will showcase a variety of new technologies for digital video, wireless and mobile communications devices to advance the concept of a fully connected digital home at this week's International CES.
News categories: Broadcom, CES2022, Semiconductor
Broadcom Reports Fourth Quarter and Year 2007 Results
Jan 24, 2008 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has reported unaudited financial results for its fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2007.
News categories: Broadcom, Earnings Release, Digital TV, Results, Semiconductor
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
- Disruptel partners with TCL to develop AI-driven viewing experiences
- Canal+ delivers low-latency streaming on Apple TV with ATEME
- Atlanta DTH announces compact USB ATSC 3.0 TV receiver