Digital TV News: Scott Rose
HBO Max launches on Roku devices
Dec 16, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and WarnerMedia have announced that from December 17, Roku users will be able to download HBO Max from the Roku channel store and subscribe directly on their Roku device.
News categories: Roku, WarnerMedia, Scott Rosenberg, Tony Goncalves, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
dataxu integration expands Roku ad platform
May 5, 2020 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has unveiled OneView Ad Platform, a platform leveraging TV identity data to manage its OTT advertising in the U.S. The OneView Ad Platform integrates Roku advertising with identity and attribution tools from dataxu, which Roku acquired in November 2019.
News categories: Roku, Scott Rosenberg, Rhasaan Wilks, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
Oct 15, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that its users can now add the Apple TV app via the Roku Channel Store to discover and watch movies, TV shows and more, including accessing their iTunes video library and subscribing to Apple TV channels directly on Roku devices.
News categories: Roku, Apple, Scott Rosenberg, Apps, Argentina, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, France, Guatemala, Honduras, Ireland, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK, USA
Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
May 22, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced Activation Insights, a tool to target audiences that have shifted to OTT. The capability combines a review of a brand’s linear TV campaign performance with an analysis of the potential OTT audience missed and the optimal budget spend on the Roku platform.
News categories: Roku, Scott Rosenberg, Michael Piner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Adobe adds Roku targeting and analytics
Mar 26, 2019 – Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) has announced a partnership with Roku (Nasdaq:ROKU). Marketers using Adobe Advertising Cloud, Adobe Audience Manager and Adobe Analytics can now target their first-party audience segments on the Roku platform.
News categories: Adobe, Roku, Keith Eadie, Scott Rosenberg, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Roku video ads more effective than linear TV ads
Apr 25, 2018 – Video ads on the Roku OTT platform are 67 percent more effective per exposure at driving purchase intent than ads on broadcast and cable television, according to a study conducted by MAGNA, IPG Media Lab and Roku (Nasdaq:ROKU).
News categories: Roku, MAGNA, IPG Media Lab, Scott Rosenberg, Kara Manatt, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
ESPN+ streaming now available on Roku devices
Apr 16, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced the availability of ESPN+ on the Roku platform, allowing Roku player and Roku TV users to access additional live events, on-demand content and original programming not available on ESPN's linear TV or digital networks.
News categories: www.roku.com/, ESPN, Scott Rosenberg, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Roku introduces Ad Insights Suite
Jan 17, 2018 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced an advancement in OTT advertising measurement by introducing Ad Insights. The offering allows marketers to measure campaign reach and effectiveness across linear and OTT.
News categories: Roku, Scott Rosenberg, Marissa Jimenez, Advertising, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
SDI Media and GrayMeta apply AI/machine learning to metadata creation
Sep 15, 2017 – SDI Media and GrayMeta have announced a partnership to develop AI/machine learning solutions to enable the creation of intelligent metadata for the localization and distribution of media content.
News categories: SDI Media, GrayMeta, Scott Rose, Mark Howorth, Josh Wiggins, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC, Worldwide
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product