Digital TV News: Sean Doherty
rlaxx TV partners with Wurl for FAST channels
Jan 3, 2023 – rlaxx TV has announced a cooperation with Wurl to bring new content partners and HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) to rlaxx TV. Wurl's content enables streamers to expand their channel lineups and increase revenue.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Wurl, Ronny Lutzi, Sean Doherty, Jr, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Wurl to power Canela Media FAST Channels in U.S. and Latin America
Aug 23, 2022 – Wurl has announced an agreement with Canela Media to provide additional Spanish-language content to their platform. Canela Media focuses their content offerings on the Latin American and U.S. Hispanic markets, boasting 22 million unique users.
News categories: Wurl, Canela Media, Sean Doherty, Jr, Isabel Rafferty Zavala, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming, USA
Amogo Networx to launch FAST channels with Wurl
Jul 14, 2022 – Wurl has announced an agreement with Amogo Networx to launch the company’s Free Ad Supported TV (FAST) channels across various CTV platforms including Samsung TV, LG, Rakuten TV and Roku.
News categories: Wurl, Amogo Networx, Sean Doherty, Jr, Peter von Ondarza, Content Distribution, Digital TV, EU, Latin America, Streaming, USA
AppLovin to acquire Wurl
Feb 28, 2022 – AppLovin (NASDAQ: APP) has concluded an agreement to acquire Wurl. The transaction is valued at approximately $430 million. The acquisition will extend AppLovin’s software platform capabilities into the CTV market.
News categories: AppLovin, Wurl, Adam Foroughi, Sean Doherty Sr, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
Oct 21, 2021 – Wurl has launched Global FAST Pass, a global onramp for FAST channels to rapidly build worldwide distribution and loyal audiences on hundreds of millions of Connected TVs in over 50 countries.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Jr, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
Sep 22, 2021 – Wurl has unveiled Wurl Perform, a performance marketing service that enables streaming TV apps to acquire new viewers and reduce churn via highly targeted promotional campaigns.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Wurl Analytics releases SVOD churn analysis report
Aug 31, 2021 – Wurl has formed a research division of the company, Wurl Analytics. In its first report, Wurl Analytics uncovers the financial impact of churn, both in terms of lost revenue and subscriber acquisition costs.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty Jr, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
Jul 22, 2021 – Redbox has partnered with Wurl to facilitate and expand the selection of free channels on Redbox Free Live TV. With 100 channels of programming, Free Live TV caters to the tastes and interests of Redbox's 40 million customers.
News categories: Redbox, Wurl, Chris Yates, Sean Doherty, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Wurl network reaches 100 million CTVs after year of operations
Mar 12, 2020 – Wurl has announced that it expanded its network to reach 100 million CTVs in nine countries in its first full year of operations. Additionally, Wurl delivered more than 225 million hours of programming and more than 1.2 billion personally targeted ads.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service