Digital TV News: Shaun James
Australia's Presto OTT arrives on PlayStation 3 and 4
Dec 10, 2015 – Presto has announced that it has begun streaming to Sony PlayStation 3 and 4 games consoles. The news comes just as Sony kicks off its 20th anniversary of Sony PlayStation. Australian PlayStation 3 and 4 owners can now download a Presto app.
News categories: Presto, Sony Computer Entertainment, Shaun James, Michael Ephraim, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT
Telstra cements re-seller agreement with Presto
Mar 3, 2015 – Telstra has announced that it has cemented an agreement to re-sell Presto’s subscription video on demand service to its customers. The agreement means Telstra can market the Presto TV, Presto Movies and Presto Entertainment bundle subscription across a range of their product offerings.
News categories: Presto, Telstra, Shaun James, Eric Kearley, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, OTT
Australia's Presto adds smartphone support
Feb 23, 2015 – Australia's Presto has announced that its movie and TV subscription streaming service has broadened its mobile device compatibility footprint, adding smartphones to the service. Presto can now be viewed on select iPhones and Android handsets.
News categories: Presto, Shaun James, Apps, Australia, OTT, Smartphone
Australia's Presto OTT service to add Chromecast support
Jun 15, 2014 – Following Google’s announcement that Chromecast has gone on sale in Australia, entertainment streaming service Presto has signalled its upcoming availability on Chromecast.
News categories: Presto, Shaun James, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Placeshifting
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering