Digital TV News: Shaw
Introducing 10G: The next great leap for broadband
Jan 7, 2019 – NCTA, CableLabs and Cable Europe have introduced, at CES, the cable industry’s vision for delivering 10 gigabit networks, or 10G to consumers. To support the rollout, Intel will deliver 10G-ready technology from the network infrastructure to home gateways.
News categories: NCTA, CableLabs, Cable Europe, Intel Corp, Michael Powell, Phil McKinney, Broadband, Cable TV, CES2023, Digital TV, Semiconductor, USA, Worldwide
Plume and Samsung launch OpenSync open source initiative
Oct 23, 2018 – Plume and Samsung have announced the formation of an open source software initiative called OpenSync. The initiative creates a silicon, CPE, and cloud-agnostic approach for the curation, delivery and management of emerging residential services leveraging managed Wi-Fi.
News categories: Plume, Samsung, Liberty Global, Fahri Diner, Chanwoo Park, Dan Hennessy, Shawn Omstead, Fraser Stirling, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
YouTube now streaming on Shaw BlueSky TV
Jun 5, 2018 – Shaw Communications has announced the integration of the YouTube and YouTube Kids apps into its BlueSky TV platform. BlueSky TV subscribers can now enjoy YouTube’s entire library of content without needing to change inputs or remotes.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Chris Kucharski, Apps, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
More than 40 million devices now running RDK
Mar 20, 2018 – At the 2018 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided its annual update about the adoption of the RDK software used to power customer-premises equipment (CPE) from video and broadband services providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
TV ‘cord-cutting’ in Canada slows in 2017
Mar 14, 2018 – Canada’s publicly traded television service providers combined lost almost 20% fewer TV subscribers in 2017 compared to 2016, bucking the trend of accelerating TV cord-cutting in recent years, according to Boon Dog Professional Services.
News categories: Boon Dog Professional Services, Mario Mota, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers
Shaw makes binge-watching easier than ever with Netflix on BlueSky TV
Sep 14, 2017 – Shaw Communications and Netflix have announced the launch of Netflix on BlueSky TV, bringing Western Canadians a way to binge-watch their favourite shows and movies. Customers who subscribe to Shaw BlueSky TV, Shaw WideOpen Internet 150 and Netflix can watch shows and movies through one integrated platform.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Netflix, Chris Kucharski, Netflix, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Cord-cutting in Canada slows in the first half of 2017
Aug 14, 2017 – Canada’s publicly traded TV service providers lost 22% fewer TV subscribers in the first half of 2017 compared to the same period in 2016, bucking the trend of accelerating TV cord-cutting in recent years, according to Boon Dog Professional Services.
News categories: Boon Dog, Mario Mota, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
RDK now powers 25 million STBs and broadband gateways
May 17, 2017 – At the 2017 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided an update on the adoption of RDK (Reference Design Kit) software. RDK now powers more than 25 million set-top boxes and broadband gateways globally.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
Shaw makes BlueSky TV available across Western Canada
Apr 5, 2017 – Shaw Communications has announced the availability of Shaw BlueSky TV across Western Canada. With its voice-activated remote and easy-to-use guide Shaw BlueSky TV transforms how customers experience television.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Jay Mehr, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV