Digital TV News: Sigma Designs
Sigma Designs introduces first UHD self-install set-top box
Sep 8, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a reference design for a UHD self-install set top box. The design is a wall-outlet mounted concept, about the size of a remote control, the smallest ever seen in the market, low-profile and non-intrusive.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Sigma Designs introduces UHD TV SoC with integrated 100/120Hz frame rate converter
Sep 1, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a single-chip Smart UHD TV SoC solution that improves picture quality and audio performance while lowering board cost and meeting TV market demand for low profile form factor.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, IBC2022, ICs, IFABerlin, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs and Telechips to co-develop UHD IP-STB SoCs
Sep 1, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) and Telechips (KOSDAQ: 054450) have announced that they are to jointly develop and market advanced SoC solutions for the new generation of ultra-high-definition IP streaming set-top boxes.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Telechips, Thinh Tran, JK Lee, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
SERAPHIC browser powers TCL 4K UHD TVs for Latin America
May 24, 2016 – TCL has announced that it has teamed up with SERAPHIC, who has provided its Blink-based Sraf HTML5 browser for TCL's 4K UHDTV platform. The initial target market is Latin America.
News categories: SERAPHIC, TCL, Jeff Huang, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Smart TV
SERAPHIC HTML5 browser selected by Skyworth for HbbTV 2.0 markets
May 20, 2016 – Skyworth Digital has announced a collaboration with SERAPHIC to deploy its Sraf HTML5 Browser to meet Pay TV Operator requirements to provide interactive HD services such as HbbTV 1.5, HbbTV 2.0, YouTube 2016 and OTT TV.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Skyworth Digital, Darrell Haber, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Dune HD and Sigma Designs create 4K Hybrid Media Player and IoT Hub
Apr 7, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Dune HD has selected Sigma Designs' SMP8758 and Z-Wave technology for its new hybrid media player, SOLO 4K.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Dune HD, Nadav Katsir, Konstantin Dyshlevoy, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Skyworth deploys SERAPHIC TV Browser in smart TVs for Europe
Mar 29, 2016 – Skyworth has declared its adoption of SERAPHIC's Blink-based Sraf TV Browser in its connected TVs. SERAPHIC has a greater than 80 percent share of the world's Blink/Linux-based TV Browser market.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Skyworth, Wang Ye, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, Smart TV
Technicolor HDR receives support from SoC manufacturers
Jan 5, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that a number of TV and Set Top Box (STB) System-on-Chip (SoC) manufacturers are integrating Technicolor’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) Delivery Solution into their offerings, including: Marvell, MSTAR, Sigma and STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Technicolor, Marvell, MStar Semi, Sigma Designs, STMicroelectronics, Mark Turner, Philip Poulidis, Stanley Chen, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs shipping first UHD TV chip with Dolby Vision
Jan 5, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has begun delivering volume quantities of its STV7701 Ultra HD High Dynamic Range (HDR). The single-chip is the only product shipping that supports multiple HDR standards including Dolby Vision, BD UHD HDR, and HDR 10.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Dolby, Giles Baker, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023