Digital TV News: Sigma Designs
Sigma Designs introduces first UHD self-install set-top box
Sep 8, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a reference design for a UHD self-install set top box. The design is a wall-outlet mounted concept, about the size of a remote control, the smallest ever seen in the market, low-profile and non-intrusive.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Sigma Designs introduces UHD TV SoC with integrated 100/120Hz frame rate converter
Sep 1, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a single-chip Smart UHD TV SoC solution that improves picture quality and audio performance while lowering board cost and meeting TV market demand for low profile form factor.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, IBC2022, ICs, IFA, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs and Telechips to co-develop UHD IP-STB SoCs
Sep 1, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) and Telechips (KOSDAQ: 054450) have announced that they are to jointly develop and market advanced SoC solutions for the new generation of ultra-high-definition IP streaming set-top boxes.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Telechips, Thinh Tran, JK Lee, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
SERAPHIC browser powers TCL 4K UHD TVs for Latin America
May 24, 2016 – TCL has announced that it has teamed up with SERAPHIC, who has provided its Blink-based Sraf HTML5 browser for TCL's 4K UHDTV platform. The initial target market is Latin America.
News categories: SERAPHIC, TCL, Jeff Huang, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Smart TV
SERAPHIC HTML5 browser selected by Skyworth for HbbTV 2.0 markets
May 20, 2016 – Skyworth Digital has announced a collaboration with SERAPHIC to deploy its Sraf HTML5 Browser to meet Pay TV Operator requirements to provide interactive HD services such as HbbTV 1.5, HbbTV 2.0, YouTube 2016 and OTT TV.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Skyworth Digital, Darrell Haber, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Dune HD and Sigma Designs create 4K Hybrid Media Player and IoT Hub
Apr 7, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Dune HD has selected Sigma Designs' SMP8758 and Z-Wave technology for its new hybrid media player, SOLO 4K.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Dune HD, Nadav Katsir, Konstantin Dyshlevoy, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Skyworth deploys SERAPHIC TV Browser in smart TVs for Europe
Mar 29, 2016 – Skyworth has declared its adoption of SERAPHIC's Blink-based Sraf TV Browser in its connected TVs. SERAPHIC has a greater than 80 percent share of the world's Blink/Linux-based TV Browser market.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Skyworth, Wang Ye, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, Smart TV
Technicolor HDR receives support from SoC manufacturers
Jan 5, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that a number of TV and Set Top Box (STB) System-on-Chip (SoC) manufacturers are integrating Technicolor’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) Delivery Solution into their offerings, including: Marvell, MSTAR, Sigma and STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Technicolor, Marvell, MStar Semi, Sigma Designs, STMicroelectronics, Mark Turner, Philip Poulidis, Stanley Chen, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs shipping first UHD TV chip with Dolby Vision
Jan 5, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has begun delivering volume quantities of its STV7701 Ultra HD High Dynamic Range (HDR). The single-chip is the only product shipping that supports multiple HDR standards including Dolby Vision, BD UHD HDR, and HDR 10.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Dolby, Giles Baker, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden