Digital TV News: Silicon Image
First MHL-Enabled Smartphones Now in Mass Production
May 16, 2011 – The MHL Consortium has announced that the first mobile phones with MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) connectivity are now in mass production - the Samsung Galaxy S II and Infuse™ 4G.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Mobile, Smart Home, Smart TV
Overall HDMI Device Shipment CAGR to Approach 21% from 2009-2014
May 11, 2011 – While its strength continues to be in the consumer electronics (CE) segment, recent gains in PCs and mobile phones have overall HDMI device shipment CAGR approaching 21% from 2009-2014, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Silicon Image Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire SiBEAM
Apr 14, 2011 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the signing of a definitive agreement to acquire privately-held SiBEAM. SiBEAM is the leading provider of high-speed wireless communication products for uncompressed HD video in CE and PC applications.
News categories: Silicon Image, SiBEAM, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart Home
MHL Consortium Releases Compliance Test Specification to Growing Adopter Base
Dec 21, 2010 – The MHL Consortium has released its Compliance Test Specification (CTS), with Simplay™ Labs, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MHL Promoter, Silicon Image (NASDAQ:SIMG), as the first Authorized Test Center (ATC).
News categories: MHL Consortium, CES2022, Mobile, Smart Home, Smart TV
New Silicon Image ViaPort™ Technology Enhances DTV Connectivity
Dec 16, 2010 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ:SIMG) has announced its ViaPort technology for DTV connectivity. ViaPort™ technology allows the user to add an HDMI sound bar or Audio Video Receiver (AVR) downstream from the DTV in a simplified manner.
News categories: Silicon Image, CES2022, Content Protection, Smart TV
Silicon Image Expands DTV Port Processor Portfolio With MHL Technology
Dec 13, 2010 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ:SIMG) has announced the expansion of its growing MHL™ (Mobile High-Definition Link) product portfolio with the addition of the SiI9387A MHL-enabled HDTV port processor.
News categories: Silicon Image, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Mobile Phones with HDMI Ports to Ship in the Millions in 2010
Dec 7, 2010 – For the first time, the number of mobile phones with HDMI ports will ship in excess of a million units in 2010, says In-Stat. Meanwhile, HDMI has become pervasive in the consumer electronics, accounting for over 350 million devices shipping in 2010.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, DVD, Gaming, In-Car, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
Silicon Image Introduces MHL™-Enabled Intellectual Property Cores
Nov 8, 2010 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the availability of intellectual property (IP) cores that support the MHL™ standard. MHL is a mobile HD interface standard optimized for connecting portable devices to HD TVs and displays.
News categories: Silicon Image, Mobile High-Definition Link, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Smart TV
Silicon Image Releases Enhanced, Scalable 4K-3D And Multi-Channel Video Decoder IP Core
Oct 20, 2010 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced its enhanced, scalable cineramIC™ ultra high-definition video decoder. The cineramIC IP core is now capable of decoding up to 4Kx2K 3D at 60 frames per second.
News categories: Silicon Image, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, VR
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
- Sappa selects Appear to deliver live TV in Sweden
- Accedo supports Telecine Play Smart TV app development