Digital TV News: SimpliTV
ORS signs deal with Simply.TV for advanced metadata and EPG
Jun 2, 2021 – ORS has signed a multi-year deal with Simply.TV covering real-time metadata for 100+ linear TV channels and providing direct feed integration with Austrian and German broadcasters.
News categories: Simply.TV, ORS, Thomas Langsenlehner, Daniel Rühmann, Austria, Big Data, Digital TV, UX
ORS launches hybrid Smart TV apps powered by 3SS
May 20, 2021 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Austria’s national broadcasting services provider, ORS, has launched three smart TV apps, designed, engineered and delivered by 3SS, for its new simpliTV service.
News categories: 3SS, ORS, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thomas Langsenlehner, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UX
Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
Sep 15, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Proximus Pickx, an IPTV+OTT TV offering from Belgium's Proximus, has gone live on an Android TV Operator Tier STB. The service replaces Proximus’ legacy AOSP-based TV offering.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jim Casteele, Advertising, Android TV, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
Aug 4, 2020 – 3SS has been chosen by ORS for the upcoming launch in Austria of its simpliTV digital TV service. 3SS is leading design, development and integration for the service, based on its 3READY Product Framework.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, ORS, simpliTV, Austria, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
Insys powers OTT for ORS' simpliTV in Austria
May 9, 2018 – Insys Video Technologies has announced that the company's InsysPLAY platformhas been chosen by Austrian television provider ORS to power an enhanced OTT video service for ORS subsidiary simpliTV.
News categories: Insys Video, simpliTV, Österreichische Rundfunksender, Krzysztof Bartkowski, Michael Zettl, Gunter Povolny, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
SMIT provides HbbTV CAM for Austria's ORS
Sep 13, 2015 – SMIT has extended its partnership with Austrian Broadcasting Services (ORS) on its DVB-T2 platform, launching a CAM integrated with HbbTV under the simpliTV brand. The HbbTV1.5 CAM is compatible with Irdeto cardless security.
News categories: SMIT, Österreichische Rundfunksender, Irdeto, Bingyu Xian, Norbert Grill, Austria, CAM, Digital TV, DVB-T2, HbbTV, IBC, Smart TV
Tele2 bundles SimpliTV DTT with broadband in Austria
Nov 3, 2014 – Austria's Tele2 has announced that it is bundling the SimpliTV pay DTT service with its broadband and telephony offerings. Subscribers can receive up to 40 channels, including 9 in HD, via a DTT set-top box.
News categories: Tele2, SimpliTV, Austria, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
ORS to use Neotion CAM and Irdeto Media Protection for DVB-T2 service in Austria
Apr 12, 2013 – Austrian Broadcasting Services (ORS) has selected Neotion as technical partner for the launch of its new nationwide terrestrial TV service, called simpliTV. The simpliTV bouquet is based on DVB-T2 standard and Irdeto Media Protection.
News categories: NEOTION, Irdeto, simpliTV, Austria, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks