Digital TV News: Sisvel
Sisvel Technology and Utah Scientific to Demonstrate 2D-Compatible 3D Transmission at NAB
Apr 11, 2011 – At the 2011 NAB Show, Sisvel Technology (booth N4618) and Utah Scientific (booth N4511) will be demonstrating a new form of 3D broadcasting fully compatible with 2D television displays, allowing 3D and 2D viewing from a single broadcast stream.
News categories: Sisvel, Utah Scientific, Content Distribution, NABShow, VR
Piedmont, Italy, the World's First Region to Broadcast Backward Compatible 3D TV
Dec 1, 2010 – In Turin a news conference was held announcing the implementation, from Piedmont, of the first 3D HDTV broadcasts, free-to-air, with a system for backwards compatibility with 2D TV sets.
News categories: Sisvel, Quartarete TV, CSP Innovazione nelle ICT, Digital TV, Italy, VR
Sisvel to Create Patent Pool for DVB-C2
Oct 19, 2010 – Sisvel has announced that patent owners have asked Sisvel to act as the facilitator for the creation of a DVB-C2 joint patent licensing program. Accordingly, Sisvel issues a call for patents and patent applications essential to the DVB-C2 Standard.
News categories: Sisvel, Cable TV, DVB-C2, Licensing, Patent
Sisvel Announces Launch of DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 9, 2010 – Sisvel has announced the launch of a new joint patent licensing program, or patent pool, offering a license under patents essential to DVB-T2.
News categories: Sisvel, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Licensing, Patent, Terrestrial
Sisvel Technology Shows New 3D Tile Format Live at IFA 2010
Sep 6, 2010 – At IFA 2010, Sisvel demonstrated its 3D Tile Format live. The 3D Tile Format enables delivery of HD 3D content with a higher quality than current solutions and allows broadcasters to transmit a single service for 2D and 3D audiences.
News categories: Sisvel, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, IFA2020, Set Top Box, Smart TV, VR
Sisvel To License TDVision IP Portfolio for MVC and 3D Worldwide
Jun 21, 2010 – TDVision and Sisvel have announced that TDVision has granted Sisvel the exclusive rights to manage TDVision's diverse intellectual property portfolio of stereoscopic technology patents.
News categories: Sisvel, TDVision, Blu-ray, Gaming, Licensing, North America, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, VR
SISVEL Announces Progress in the Formation of the DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 10, 2009 – On the occasion of IBC2009, SISVEL has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patent rights that have been evaluated as essential to the DVB-T2 standard by independent experts.
News categories: SISVEL, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBCShowcase, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
SISVEL Announces Development of DVB-T2 Joint Patent Licensing Program
Jan 28, 2009 – SISVEL has announced that it is acting as the facilitator for the creation of a DVB-T2 joint patent licensing program and is issuing a call for patents and patent applications that are essential to the DVB-T2 Standard.
News categories: SISVEL, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
DVB-T licensing transferred from MPEG LA to SISVEL
Aug 29, 2008 – MPEG LA and SISVEL have announced that the administration of the DVB-T licensing program, including the administration of all DVB-T Patent Portfolio Licenses previously executed by MPEG LA and licensees, has been transferred from MPEG LA to SISVEL.
News categories: SISVEL, MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K