Digital TV News: Sisvel
Sisvel Technology and Utah Scientific to Demonstrate 2D-Compatible 3D Transmission at NAB
Apr 11, 2011 – At the 2011 NAB Show, Sisvel Technology (booth N4618) and Utah Scientific (booth N4511) will be demonstrating a new form of 3D broadcasting fully compatible with 2D television displays, allowing 3D and 2D viewing from a single broadcast stream.
News categories: Sisvel, Utah Scientific, Content Distribution, NABShow, VR
Piedmont, Italy, the World's First Region to Broadcast Backward Compatible 3D TV
Dec 1, 2010 – In Turin a news conference was held announcing the implementation, from Piedmont, of the first 3D HDTV broadcasts, free-to-air, with a system for backwards compatibility with 2D TV sets.
News categories: Sisvel, Quartarete TV, CSP Innovazione nelle ICT, Digital TV, Italy, VR
Sisvel to Create Patent Pool for DVB-C2
Oct 19, 2010 – Sisvel has announced that patent owners have asked Sisvel to act as the facilitator for the creation of a DVB-C2 joint patent licensing program. Accordingly, Sisvel issues a call for patents and patent applications essential to the DVB-C2 Standard.
News categories: Sisvel, Cable TV, DVB-C2, Licensing, Patent
Sisvel Announces Launch of DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 9, 2010 – Sisvel has announced the launch of a new joint patent licensing program, or patent pool, offering a license under patents essential to DVB-T2.
News categories: Sisvel, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Licensing, Patent, Terrestrial
Sisvel Technology Shows New 3D Tile Format Live at IFA 2010
Sep 6, 2010 – At IFA 2010, Sisvel demonstrated its 3D Tile Format live. The 3D Tile Format enables delivery of HD 3D content with a higher quality than current solutions and allows broadcasters to transmit a single service for 2D and 3D audiences.
News categories: Sisvel, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, IFA2020, Set Top Box, Smart TV, VR
Sisvel To License TDVision IP Portfolio for MVC and 3D Worldwide
Jun 21, 2010 – TDVision and Sisvel have announced that TDVision has granted Sisvel the exclusive rights to manage TDVision's diverse intellectual property portfolio of stereoscopic technology patents.
News categories: Sisvel, TDVision, Blu-ray, Gaming, Licensing, North America, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, VR
SISVEL Announces Progress in the Formation of the DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 10, 2009 – On the occasion of IBC2009, SISVEL has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patent rights that have been evaluated as essential to the DVB-T2 standard by independent experts.
News categories: SISVEL, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBCShowcase, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
SISVEL Announces Development of DVB-T2 Joint Patent Licensing Program
Jan 28, 2009 – SISVEL has announced that it is acting as the facilitator for the creation of a DVB-T2 joint patent licensing program and is issuing a call for patents and patent applications that are essential to the DVB-T2 Standard.
News categories: SISVEL, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
DVB-T licensing transferred from MPEG LA to SISVEL
Aug 29, 2008 – MPEG LA and SISVEL have announced that the administration of the DVB-T licensing program, including the administration of all DVB-T Patent Portfolio Licenses previously executed by MPEG LA and licensees, has been transferred from MPEG LA to SISVEL.
News categories: SISVEL, MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand