Digital TV News: Skype
Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
Sep 16, 2021 – Vewd has released Vewd Core 4.22, the latest version of its HTML5 and streaming SDK for connected TV devices. New features include support for video calling and advanced advertising on TV.
News categories: Vewd, Sascha Prüter, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Software, Worldwide
Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
Oct 28, 2020 – Promwad has developed a video conferencing solution for STBs and Smart TV. The platform allows TV subscribers to organize joint viewing of movies and sports programs, launch stream-sharing, and make video calls from Android TV and RDK STBs.
News categories: Promwad, Ivan Kuten, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Amazon introduces Echo Show with a bigger screen
Sep 20, 2018 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced the next generation of Echo Show: the all-new Echo Show has an immersive 10-inch HD display with crisp and bright visuals, a built-in smart home hub, and an upgraded speaker system that delivers powerful bass and stereo sound.
News categories: Amazon, Tom Taylor, Gaurav Sareen, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Tablet, USA, UX
OTT devices and services market to be worth $165.13bn by 2025
Jul 24, 2017 – The over-the-top (OTT) devices and services market is expected to reach $165.13 billion by 2025, according to Grand View Research. The rising penetration of mobile devices and advancements in CE devices will drive the demand for OTT content and services.
News categories: Grand View Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Impressive pay TV growth forecast for Asia Pacific
Mar 6, 2017 – Unlike most of the rest of the world, the Asia Pacific pay TV sector is vibrant, according to Digital TV Research. Subscribers and revenues are both forecast to rise over the next five years.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
UPC DTH surpasses 800,000 customers
Oct 20, 2015 – Liberty Global’s satellite TV unit (UPC DTH), the satellite television provider in Central and Eastern Europe (freeSAT, UPC Direct and Focus Sat), has announced that it has surpassed 800,000 customers.
News categories: Liberty Global, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
CEC Liquid Telecom launches FTTH in Zambia
Feb 24, 2015 – CEC Liquid Telecom has announced the launch of Fibroniks, its FTTH service over which homes and businesses in Zambia can access broadband with unlimited data packages. Fibroniks will provide speeds of up to 100Mbps, the fastest broadband in Zambia and throughout Africa.
News categories: Liquid Telecom, CEC, Andrew Kapula, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, Streaming, Zambia
Smart TV Alliance introduces SDK 4.0 toolkit
Feb 11, 2015 – Smart TV application developers can develop apps faster with the new Smart TV Alliance software development kit. New and updated toolkit features help developers reach the Alliance’s 58 million compatible smart TVs in a single, integrated process.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
1.5 million visitors each week to Samsung's UK Smart TV hub
Nov 17, 2014 – Samsung has said that its Smart TV platform now has more than 1.5 million weekly unique users in the UK. From catch-upp TV through to Ultra HD content, Samsung has a wide range of content available to download for viewers.
News categories: Samsung, Doug d'Souza, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households