Digital TV News: Slovak Telekom
T-Com Slovakia launches Magio DTH
Nov 26, 2009 – Slovak Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has officially introduced its Magio satellite television service. More than 7000 customer pre-registrations were received by T-Com during the month, confirming the public's interest in the new service.
News categories: Slovak Telekom, Digital TV, Satellite, Slovakia
Eastern Europe Satellite Pay TV Launch Frenzy Continues
Nov 13, 2009 – The latest analysis from Screen Digest focused on the Central and Eastern European pay-TV market shows that the recent rapid growth in new satellite TV market entrants in Central and Eastern Europe shows no signs of slowing down.
News categories: Screen Digest, Digital TV, Macedonia, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Slovakia, Ukraine
Slovak Telekom IPTV passes 50,000 subscriber mark in 3Q09
Nov 5, 2009 – Slovak Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has reported results for the first nine months of 2009. The number of the Magio digital television (IPTV) customers has significantly exceeded the level of 50,000.
News categories: Slovak Telekom, IPTV, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers
DT Germany sells 164,000 IPTV packages in 3Q09
Nov 5, 2009 – Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has released results for the third quarter. Entertain, DT's IPTV service in Germany, had sold 885,000 packages by the end of the quarter, well on the way to the target of one million for the full year.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Croatia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Slovak Telekom starts Magio TV DTH trial
Oct 16, 2009 – Slovak Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE, NYSE: DT) has taken preparatory steps towards launching satellite DTH in Slovakia. The company has registered the brand name MagioSat TV for the service and is running trials on the Amos 3 satellite at 4°W.
News categories: Slovak Telekom, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Slovakia
Deutsche Telekom exceeds financial targets for 2008
Feb 27, 2009 – Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) exceeded its financial targets in the 2008 financial year. The number of Entertain triple-play lines activated climbed to around 353,000 by year-end.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers
Alcatel becomes supplier of IPTV solution for T-Com in Slovakia
Apr 11, 2006 – Slovak Telekom has selected Alcatel (Paris: CGEP; NYSE: ALA) as the supplier for its upcoming IPTV deployment, based on the combination of Alcatel’s services integration solution and the Microsoft TV IPTV Edition software platform.
News categories: Alcatel, Slovak Telekom, Microsoft, Monika Maurer, Herbert Müller, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Slovakia
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity