Digital TV News: Smart Communications
Smart deploys Firstlight Media cloud native OTT platform
Apr 11, 2022 – Smart Communications has deployed Firstlight Media's cloud native OTT platform for its video experience in the Philippines. The solution offers the elasticity and scalability of the cloud with in-country service delivery.
News categories: Firstlight Media, Smart Communications, André Christensen, Alfredo S. Panlilio, Arvin L. Siena, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming
Philippines' Smart mobile adds Blink VOD access
Sep 1, 2014 – Subscribers of Smart and Sun Cellular in the Philippines now have access to Hollywood blockbusters and episodes of their favourite TV series using their cellphone through Blink, the country’s largest video-on-demand streaming service.
News categories: Smart Communications, Blink, Apps, Digital TV, Philippines, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
SMART launches internet-on-TV box in the Philippines
Feb 23, 2010 – Smart Broadband of the Philippines has launched Smart Bro SurfTV. Smart Bro SurfTV is a device that connects to a television set to provide Internet access using Smart Bro's nationwide coverage.
News categories: Smart Communications, Broadband, Philippines, Set Top Box, Streaming
Mediascape Launches New Philippines DTH Platform on NSS-11
Sep 15, 2008 – SES NEW SKIES (Paris,LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has been contracted by Mediascape to provide transponder capacity on the NSS-11 satellite for their new direct-to-home (DTH) satellite television service targeting the Philippines.
News categories: SES NEW SKIES, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite
Asia-Pac braces for mobile TV fever
Mar 12, 2008 – The Asia-Pacific mobile video services market is expected to see huge growth potential as mobile operators continue to spend millions on developing innovative services and content to arrest the declining average revenue per user (ARPU).
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Australia, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Mobile, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Smart TV, Tablet, Taiwan, Vietnam
Philippines - Smart expands mobile TV infrastructure
Apr 27, 2007 – Mobile operator Smart Communications Inc. is expanding its infrastructure that supports its forthcoming mobile TV service in key cities in Southern Philippines. More …
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, Philippines
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK