Digital TV News: Socionext
Socionext using PowerVR video IP cores in advanced SoCs
Jan 5, 2017 – Imagination Technologies (IMG.L) has announced that it is collaborating with Socionext on new video and display technologies for multimedia applications. Socionext is using PowerVR video IP cores in its advanced SoCs.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, Socionext, Graham Deacon, Mitsugu Naito, CES2023, Silicon IP, Worldwide
RSCRYPTO partners with SMI for key management
Dec 13, 2016 – RSCRYPTO has announced a partnership with SypherMedia International (SMI). RSCRYPTO plans to present its CAS-PHI CAS in the first quarter of 2017. As an 'Independent Trust Authority', SMI is to manage the keys for operators.
News categories: RSCRYPTO, SypherMedia International, Levent Le, Dr. Ron Cocchi, Dennis Flaharty, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
NHK develops Super Hi-Vision prototype cable TV receiver
Oct 3, 2016 – NHK, jointly with KDDI, J:COM and Japan Digital Serve, has developed the first prototype compact receiver system for 4K and 8K broadcasts on cable TV - the first with channel bonding technology from NHK.
News categories: NHK, KDDI, J:COM, Japan Digital Serve, Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Socionext develops ISDB-S3 demodulator with channel bonding option for cable retrans
Sep 29, 2016 – Socionext has developed the world's first demodulator IC that is compatible both with the Advanced Wide-Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting (ISDB-S3) and ITU-T Recommendation J.183 based channel bonding technology.
News categories: Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Socionext introduces H.264 Full-HD multi-channel codec
Sep 6, 2016 – Socionext has announced the release of SC2M15, a codec IC designed for video transmission equipment. The device is suitable for applications including digital broadcasting and video streaming through Internet Protocol among others.
News categories: Socionext, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Argon Design licenses Argon Streams HEVC to Socionext
Sep 1, 2016 – Argon Design has signed licensing and support agreements for Argon Streams with Socionext. Argon Streams is a set of conformance test bit-streams providing full coverage and verification of HEVC/H.265 video decoders.
News categories: Argon Design, Socionext, Alan Scott, Tatsushi Otsuka, Digital TV, QoE, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Socionext to demonstrate 8K video decoder IC at NAB
Mar 31, 2016 – Socionext will showcase a complete set of advanced video and broadcast demonstrations for content and service providers at the annual NAB Show. Socionext will highlight its new 8K HEVC decoder device for 8K broadcast receiver systems.
News categories: Socionext, Japan, NABShow, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Socionext demonstrates world's first single-chip 8K video decoder
Mar 23, 2016 – Socionext has introduced the world's first single-chip SoC that can process decoding of 8K resolution HEVC video. Socionext's SCH801A was developed in cooperation with NHK and has successfully performed decoding of 8K test streaming data.
News categories: Socionext, NHK, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, NABShow, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Socionext integrates TITC frame buffer compression IP
Jun 26, 2015 – Taiwan ImagingTek (TITC) has announced that Socionext has started shipping TV chips with TITC's image compression IP for frame buffer memory reduction. The IP improves power consumption and memory cost, and reduces EMI issues.
News categories: ImagingTek, Socionext, Star Sung, Takehiro Kamada, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data