Digital TV News: Socionext
Socionext using PowerVR video IP cores in advanced SoCs
Jan 5, 2017 – Imagination Technologies (IMG.L) has announced that it is collaborating with Socionext on new video and display technologies for multimedia applications. Socionext is using PowerVR video IP cores in its advanced SoCs.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, Socionext, Graham Deacon, Mitsugu Naito, CES2021, Silicon IP, Worldwide
RSCRYPTO partners with SMI for key management
Dec 13, 2016 – RSCRYPTO has announced a partnership with SypherMedia International (SMI). RSCRYPTO plans to present its CAS-PHI CAS in the first quarter of 2017. As an 'Independent Trust Authority', SMI is to manage the keys for operators.
News categories: RSCRYPTO, SypherMedia International, Levent Le, Dr. Ron Cocchi, Dennis Flaharty, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
NHK develops Super Hi-Vision prototype cable TV receiver
Oct 3, 2016 – NHK, jointly with KDDI, J:COM and Japan Digital Serve, has developed the first prototype compact receiver system for 4K and 8K broadcasts on cable TV - the first with channel bonding technology from NHK.
News categories: NHK, KDDI, J:COM, Japan Digital Serve, Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Socionext develops ISDB-S3 demodulator with channel bonding option for cable retrans
Sep 29, 2016 – Socionext has developed the world's first demodulator IC that is compatible both with the Advanced Wide-Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting (ISDB-S3) and ITU-T Recommendation J.183 based channel bonding technology.
News categories: Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Socionext introduces H.264 Full-HD multi-channel codec
Sep 6, 2016 – Socionext has announced the release of SC2M15, a codec IC designed for video transmission equipment. The device is suitable for applications including digital broadcasting and video streaming through Internet Protocol among others.
News categories: Socionext, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Argon Design licenses Argon Streams HEVC to Socionext
Sep 1, 2016 – Argon Design has signed licensing and support agreements for Argon Streams with Socionext. Argon Streams is a set of conformance test bit-streams providing full coverage and verification of HEVC/H.265 video decoders.
News categories: Argon Design, Socionext, Alan Scott, Tatsushi Otsuka, Digital TV, QoE, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Socionext to demonstrate 8K video decoder IC at NAB
Mar 31, 2016 – Socionext will showcase a complete set of advanced video and broadcast demonstrations for content and service providers at the annual NAB Show. Socionext will highlight its new 8K HEVC decoder device for 8K broadcast receiver systems.
News categories: Socionext, Japan, NABShow, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Socionext demonstrates world's first single-chip 8K video decoder
Mar 23, 2016 – Socionext has introduced the world's first single-chip SoC that can process decoding of 8K resolution HEVC video. Socionext's SCH801A was developed in cooperation with NHK and has successfully performed decoding of 8K test streaming data.
News categories: Socionext, NHK, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, NABShow, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Socionext integrates TITC frame buffer compression IP
Jun 26, 2015 – Taiwan ImagingTek (TITC) has announced that Socionext has started shipping TV chips with TITC's image compression IP for frame buffer memory reduction. The IP improves power consumption and memory cost, and reduces EMI issues.
News categories: ImagingTek, Socionext, Star Sung, Takehiro Kamada, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product