Digital TV News: Solaris Mobile
Solaris Mobile to Showcase at the GSM Mobile World Congress 2011
Jan 28, 2011 – Solaris Mobile will showcase at the 2011 GSMA Mobile World Congress in Barcelona from the 14th-17th February on the Enterprise Ireland stand located in Hall 1, stand no. 1F17.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, MWC20
Solaris Mobile Announces 2nd Generation Mobile Pocket Gateway Device
Sep 8, 2010 – Solaris Mobile has announced the development of its 2nd Generation Mobile Pocket Gateway device allowing the reception of services in S-Band on smart phones.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, Elektrobit, Europe, Gateway, IBC2020, Mobile, Portable
Solaris Mobile Presents Plans for Commercial Content Distribution across France
Mar 24, 2010 – Solaris Mobile has presented its plans for commercial content distribution within the French market at a meeting in Paris hosted by the French Forum TV Mobile. The presentation was attended by representatives from across the broadcast industry.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, France, Mobile
Solaris Mobile Announces Pocket Gateway Device
Feb 12, 2010 – Solaris Mobile has announced the development of the Solaris Mobile Pocket Gateway, a pocket sized S-band receiver which decodes DVB-SH TV, radio & data streams and relays them over WiFi via a mini web server built into the device.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, Digital TV, Home Server, Mobile, MWC20
Alcatel-Lucent, Solaris Mobile and towerCast team up for DVB-SH mobile TV in Paris
Nov 26, 2009 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU), Solaris Mobile and towerCast have announced the first satellite broadcast infrastructure to demonstrate potential services using DVB-SH to be deployed in Paris and surrounding suburbs.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Solaris Mobile, towerCast, Dibcom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Mobile, Semiconductor
European Commission paves the way for European mobile satellite services
May 14, 2009 – The European Commission has selected two operators, Inmarsat Ventures and Solaris Mobile, to provide mobile satellite services, such as high-speed internet access, mobile television and radio or emergency communications, across Europe.
News categories: European Commission, Inmarsat, Solaris Mobile, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mobile, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK
SES Delivers Growth From Strong First Quarter Operational Performance
Apr 23, 2009 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has reported financial performance for the three months to 31 March 2009. High definition TV services continued to proliferate; the group now carries a total of 136 HDTV programmes - 67 in the U.S. and 69 in Europe.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Europe, North America, Results, Satellite
DiBcom partners with Solaris Mobile for DVB-SH launch
Apr 20, 2009 – DiBcom has announced that it has entered into an agreement with the satellite-based service Solaris Mobile. Solaris Mobile will provide mobile television and in-vehicle entertainment, information and communication services across Europe.
News categories: DiBcom, Solaris Mobile, Digital TV, Europe, Mobile, Satellite, Semiconductor
Solaris Mobile satellite W2A successfully launched
Apr 6, 2009 – The satellite carrying Europe's first S-band payload - operated by Solaris Mobile - has been successfully launched. Solaris Mobile aims to provide fully digital mobile video, navigation and emergency assistance services to European operators.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Mobile, Satellite
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019