Digital TV News: Solaris Mobile
Turin DVB-SH trial enables a perfect blend of satellite and terrestrial networks for mobile TV
Feb 16, 2009 – The DVB-SH trial launched by RAI, 3 Italia, Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) and Eutelsat has shown excellent results. The initial results demonstrated high reception performance for the technology for mobile TV on commercial terminals.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Eutelsat, 3 Italia, RAI, Digital TV, Italy, Mobile, MWC22, Satellite
Nagravision and Solaris Mobile join forces for World's First S-Band Mobile TV
Feb 16, 2009 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD) and Solaris Mobile have announced that they are joining forces in the development of a harmonised ecosystem to optimise the delivery of mobile TV and broadband services.
News categories: Nagravision, Solaris Mobile, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, Mobile, MWC22, Satellite
Solaris Mobile Ready to Launch at the Mobile World Congress
Feb 10, 2009 – At the Mobile World Congress, Solaris Mobile and its partners will provide mobile TV solutions based on DVB-SH by moving vehicles on two different demonstration platforms and on its Booth AV05a to next generation handsets and multimedia players.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, Europe, In-Car, Mobile, MWC22
SES Reports Continued Strong Results
Oct 27, 2008 – SES S.A. (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) reports on financial performance for the nine months ended 30th September 2008. Total utilised capacity increased from 820 at 30th June 2008 to 821 transponders at 30th September 2008.
News categories: Content Distribution, Results, Satellite
Solaris Mobile ready to take Europe into a new age of mobile services
Oct 7, 2008 – Solaris Mobile has announced that the company has submitted to the European Commission a comprehensive application in response to the Commission's call for applications for pan-European systems providing mobile satellite services.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mobile, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Regulation, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK
Solaris Mobile establishes European HQ in Dublin
Jun 18, 2008 – Solaris Mobile, which will provide TV, video and radio plus two-way communication to a variety of handheld mobile devices - such as phones, laptops and portable media players - is establishing its corporate headquarters in Dublin.
News categories: Eutelsat, SES-ASTRA, Solaris Mobile, Ireland, Mobile, Satellite
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV