Digital TV News: Sony Entertainment Network
Playstation Network to become premium entertainment service brand
Jan 28, 2015 – Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) and Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI) have announced that PlayStation™Network (PSN) will be the premium entertainment service brand which encompasses games, TV, video and music services.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony Network Entertainment International, Andrew House, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming, Worldwide
OTT to reach nearly half the world’s TV households by 2020
Sep 9, 2014 – The number of households watching online TV and video will reach 706.53 million in 2020, up from 196.90 million in 2010 and the 374.43 million expected in 2014, according to a report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Fifth of Europe's TV homes to subscribe to online packages by 2020
Aug 27, 2014 – The number of European homes paying a monthly subscription to receive subscription video on demand packages will climb from 1.78 million in 2010 to 59.41 million in 2020, according to a report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
Sony launches world's first 4K Ultra HD video download service
Sep 4, 2013 – Sony has annopunced the launch of its Video Unlimited 4K service, the world's first and only 4K Ultra HD video download service, with access to an expanding library of native 4K Ultra HD feature films and TV shows.
News categories: Sony Corp, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership