Digital TV News: Sony Europe
Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
May 20, 2019 – Sony Europe has announced the pricing and availability of its MASTER Series ZG9 8K HDR Full Array LED TVs. The MASTER Series TVs feature Netflix Calibrated Mode and IMAX Enhanced to ensure that content is delivered as intended.
News categories: Sony Europe, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Sony brings Google Assistant to BRAVIA Android TVs in UK
Jun 20, 2018 – Sony Europe has announced that select Sony 4K HDR TVs with Android TV now have the Google Assistant built in, starting first with the UK, with more countries to follow later in 2018.
News categories: Sony Europe, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, UK, UX
DVB at ANGA Cable 2012
May 30, 2012 – At this year's ANGA Cable, DVB will be exhibiting with ANGA. There will be a DVB-T2 demo received on a Vestel iDTV and Vestel set-top box and a DVB-C2 cable transmission received on a Sony DVB-C2 iDTV and DVB-C2 evaluation board.
News categories: DVB Project, ANGA COM, Cable TV, DVB-C2, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Sony Launches '3D Experience' On Demand Streaming Service
Jul 13, 2011 – Sony Europe has announced the launch of '3D Experience', a free of charge on-demand streaming service offering a range of promotional video clips and trial 3D content. The service will be available to owners of 3D-capable Sony BRAVIA LCD TVs.
News categories: Sony Europe, Canada, France, Germany, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA, VR
BRAVIA™ Internet Video to arrive in Europe
Sep 2, 2009 – Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) has announced its European launch plan of new BRAVIA™ TVs, Blu-ray Disc players and Blu-ray home cinema systems with a new feature, BRAVIA™ Internet Video.
News categories: Sony Europe, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Europe, IFA2020, OTT, Smart TV
Collaboration Brings VoD to Standard TV Receivers without Set-Top Boxes
Mar 12, 2009 – TANDBERG Television (NASDAQ:ERIC), Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE), Neotion and S&T have combined their expertise to deliver a VoD solution that enables cable operators to deliver services and adverts direct to the TV, without a set-top box (STB).
News categories: Neotion, Sony, TANDBERG Television, S&T, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025