Digital TV News: Sony Europe
Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
May 20, 2019 – Sony Europe has announced the pricing and availability of its MASTER Series ZG9 8K HDR Full Array LED TVs. The MASTER Series TVs feature Netflix Calibrated Mode and IMAX Enhanced to ensure that content is delivered as intended.
News categories: Sony Europe, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Sony brings Google Assistant to BRAVIA Android TVs in UK
Jun 20, 2018 – Sony Europe has announced that select Sony 4K HDR TVs with Android TV now have the Google Assistant built in, starting first with the UK, with more countries to follow later in 2018.
News categories: Sony Europe, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, UK, UX
DVB at ANGA Cable 2012
May 30, 2012 – At this year's ANGA Cable, DVB will be exhibiting with ANGA. There will be a DVB-T2 demo received on a Vestel iDTV and Vestel set-top box and a DVB-C2 cable transmission received on a Sony DVB-C2 iDTV and DVB-C2 evaluation board.
News categories: DVB Project, ANGA COM, Cable TV, DVB-C2, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Sony Launches '3D Experience' On Demand Streaming Service
Jul 13, 2011 – Sony Europe has announced the launch of '3D Experience', a free of charge on-demand streaming service offering a range of promotional video clips and trial 3D content. The service will be available to owners of 3D-capable Sony BRAVIA LCD TVs.
News categories: Sony Europe, Canada, France, Germany, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA, VR
BRAVIA™ Internet Video to arrive in Europe
Sep 2, 2009 – Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) has announced its European launch plan of new BRAVIA™ TVs, Blu-ray Disc players and Blu-ray home cinema systems with a new feature, BRAVIA™ Internet Video.
News categories: Sony Europe, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Europe, IFA2020, OTT, Smart TV
Collaboration Brings VoD to Standard TV Receivers without Set-Top Boxes
Mar 12, 2009 – TANDBERG Television (NASDAQ:ERIC), Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE), Neotion and S&T have combined their expertise to deliver a VoD solution that enables cable operators to deliver services and adverts direct to the TV, without a set-top box (STB).
News categories: Neotion, Sony, TANDBERG Television, S&T, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering