Digital TV News: Sony Pictures Networks India
SonyLIV selects Intertrust's cloud-based multi-DRM
May 6, 2020 – Intertrust’s cloud-based multi-DRM service, ExpressPlay DRM, has been selected by SonyLIV to protect content streaming and downloads on all devices. The partnership covers all channels and entertainment programming on the SonyLIV platform.
News categories: Intertrust, SonyLIV, Talal G. Shamoon, Manish Verma, Digital TV, DRM, India, OTT
SonyLIV to be available on CloudWalker Smart TVs in India
Oct 4, 2019 – SonyLIV has tied up with CloudWalker to offer its content library on the latter's Smart TV devices. Starting October 2019, content from the repertoire of SonyLIV will be available on a range of CloudWalker Smart TVs redefining big screen entertainment for Indian families.
News categories: SonyLIV, CloudWalker, Uday Sodhi, Jagdish Rajpurohit, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Smart TV
SonyLIV releases 'State of Digital Entertainment 2018' report
Jan 25, 2019 – SonyLIV has unveiled its ‘State of Digital Entertainment 2018’ report. Reflecting the digital takeover that grasped India last year, this report shares detailed insights on digital video consumption, user patterns and audience demographics.
News categories: Sony Pictures Networks, Uday Sodhi, Digital TV, India, Market Research, OTT
Amagi provides targeted OTT dynamic ad insertion for SonyLIV
Sep 12, 2018 – Amagi has announced that SonyLIV is using its THUNDERSTORM cloud-based platform for targeted OTT dynamic ad insertion. Amagi will help monetize premium general entertainment and movie channels on the SonyLIV OTT platform.
News categories: Amagi, Sony Pictures Networks India, Deepakjit Singh, Uday Sodhi, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, India, OTT
Brightcove powers OTT video delivery for SonyLIV
May 6, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that it is powering SonyLIV, the premium OTT streaming service by Sony Pictures Networks India (SPN). Launched in 2013, SonyLIV was the first OTT streaming service in India.
News categories: Brightcove, SonyLIV, Ben Morrell, Uday Sodhi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT
Akamai enables Dynamic Ad Insertion in live cricket on SonyLIV
Mar 15, 2018 – Akamai (NASDAQ: AKAM) has announced that SonyLIV provided multi-screen engagement to users on all devices, using Akamai's Dynamic Ad Insertion capabilities during the India-South Africa cricket series held over January and February 2018.
News categories: Akamai, Sony Pictures Network, SonyLIV, Sidharth Pisharoti, Uday Sodhi, Advertising, Digital TV, India, OTT
SonyLIV selects CleverTap analytics and engagement platform
Jun 1, 2017 – CleverTap has announced that Sony Pictures Networks India has selected the company’s real-time behavioral data and user insights platform for its SonyLIV video on demand (VOD) service. Sony will leverage CleverTap to gain greater understanding of its users.
News categories: CleverTap, Sony Pictures Networks, Sunil Thomas, Uday Sodhi, Big Data, Digital TV, India, OTT
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats