Digital TV News: Sony Pictures Television
Roku Streaming Players Launch in the U.K. and Ireland
Jan 10, 2012 – Roku® has announced the company's launch in Europe with the first of its streaming players now available for purchase in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Consumers living in those two countries can choose from two of Roku's best-selling models.
News categories: Roku, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
3D for Entertain: Deutsche Telekom conquers the third dimension
Sep 3, 2010 – Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) propels its Entertain TV offer into the third dimension: At the start of IFA 2010, all Entertain customers can call up the content of their choice via Videoload, the online video store.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Germany, IFA2020, IPTV, VR
ZillonTV Unveils Personalized Television Service
Mar 4, 2009 – Through agreements with major Hollywood studios, TV networks and Visa, the ZillionTV Service will offer an extensive array of entertainment; advertising opportunities; and, television commerce, enabling consumers to make purchases through their TV.
News categories: ZillionTV, Advertising, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
On-Demand Video Entertainment Experience, Sling.com launches
Dec 2, 2008 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced the launch of Sling.com, an online video entertainment destination. Users can go to Sling.com to watch a huge selection of clips, TV shows, films, news and sports in high quality, for free, anytime they want.
News categories: Sling Media, Sling.com, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting, USA
Digital Entertainment Takes the Spotlight at the 2009 International CES
Nov 11, 2008 – The world's leading digital entertainment companies will take the spotlight on the show floor at the upcoming 2009 International CES®, with the largest exhibition of digital entertainment in show history on display.
News categories: International CES, CES2021
AT&T Mobile TV Premieres Sunday, May 4
May 1, 2008 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and MediaFLO USA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), have announced the May 4 availability of the AT&T Mobile TV with FLO™ service.
News categories: AT&T, Qualcomm, Digital TV, Mobile, Smart TV, USA
Hulu Opens to the Public, Offers Free Streams of Hit TV Shows, Movies and Clips from More Than 50 Providers
Mar 12, 2008 – Hulu, an online video service, has announced the public launch of its Web site, Hulu.com. Beginning today, consumers in the U.S. can go to Hulu.com to watch a large selection of hit TV shows, movies, clips and more in high-quality - anytime, for free.
News categories: Hulu, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hulu Debuts via Private Beta and on Distribution Partners AOL, Comcast, MSN, MySpace and Yahoo!
Oct 29, 2007 – Hulu has announced the beta launch of its online video service, offering viewers a vast selection of streaming, on-demand, premium programming on a free, ad-supported basis.
News categories: Hulu, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Digital Entertainment Takes Center Stage at the 2008 International CES
Oct 4, 2007 – The latest developments in the content and digital entertainment industries will take center stage at the 2008 International CES®, with the largest exhibition of digital entertainment in show history on display, reinforcing CES as the global intersection for the content and technology markets.
News categories: 2008 International CES, CES2021
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering