Digital TV News: Sree Kotay
More than 15 million devices now running RDK
May 16, 2016 – At the 2016 INTX, RDK Management provided an update about the continued global adoption of the RDK software solution, a pre-integrated software bundle that provides a common framework for powering customer-premises equipment for TV and Internet service providers.
News categories: RDK Management, Liberty Global, Intel, Steve Heeb, Bill Warga, Keith Wehmeyer, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IBCShowcase, Market Research, RDK, USA
Liberty Global and Comcast to use STB browser enhancements from Metrological
Sep 10, 2015 – Metrological has announced that Liberty Global and Comcast will use Metrological-created, open-source browser enhancements to improve their ability to support enhanced Internet Protocol (IP) browser-based services and applications for set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Metrological, Liberty Global, Comcast, RDK Management, Albert Dahan, Balan Nair, Sree Kotay, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, RDK, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Broadcom DOCSIS 3.x silicon to support RDK for broadband devices
Jan 7, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its DOCSIS 3.0 and DOCSIS 3.1 ICs support a new open source software stack developed with Comcast. The software will serve as the foundation for a version of the RDK for broadband devices.
News categories: Broadcom, Comcast, Jay Kirchoff, Sree Kotay, CES2021, CPE, DOCSIS, RDK, Semiconductor, USA
Comcast Begins National Launch of X1 Cloud Enabled TV Platform
May 21, 2012 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced that it will launch its next-generation television experience, Xfinity TV on the X1 Platform, and a new X1 remote control app in the coming weeks.
News categories: Comcast, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
CableLabs® Providing Software Resources to Grow Tru2way® and ETV Ecosystem and Streamline Interoperability Testing
Sep 22, 2009 – CableLabs® has put several programs in place to support device manufacturers and application developers, important stakeholders within the growing tru2way® and Enhanced TV (ETV) communities.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
CableLabs® Releases Software Tools to Enable More Interactive Content
Jun 15, 2009 – CableLabs® has completed its beta development phase of the tru2way™ Reference Implementation and has made it publicly available through java.net, Sun Microsystems' open source project site.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service