Digital TV News: Sree Kotay
More than 15 million devices now running RDK
May 16, 2016 – At the 2016 INTX, RDK Management provided an update about the continued global adoption of the RDK software solution, a pre-integrated software bundle that provides a common framework for powering customer-premises equipment for TV and Internet service providers.
News categories: RDK Management, Liberty Global, Intel, Steve Heeb, Bill Warga, Keith Wehmeyer, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IBC, Market Research, RDK, USA
Liberty Global and Comcast to use STB browser enhancements from Metrological
Sep 10, 2015 – Metrological has announced that Liberty Global and Comcast will use Metrological-created, open-source browser enhancements to improve their ability to support enhanced Internet Protocol (IP) browser-based services and applications for set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Metrological, Liberty Global, Comcast, RDK Management, Albert Dahan, Balan Nair, Sree Kotay, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, RDK, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Broadcom DOCSIS 3.x silicon to support RDK for broadband devices
Jan 7, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its DOCSIS 3.0 and DOCSIS 3.1 ICs support a new open source software stack developed with Comcast. The software will serve as the foundation for a version of the RDK for broadband devices.
News categories: Broadcom, Comcast, Jay Kirchoff, Sree Kotay, CES2022, CPE, DOCSIS, RDK, Semiconductor, USA
Comcast Begins National Launch of X1 Cloud Enabled TV Platform
May 21, 2012 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced that it will launch its next-generation television experience, Xfinity TV on the X1 Platform, and a new X1 remote control app in the coming weeks.
News categories: Comcast, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
CableLabs® Providing Software Resources to Grow Tru2way® and ETV Ecosystem and Streamline Interoperability Testing
Sep 22, 2009 – CableLabs® has put several programs in place to support device manufacturers and application developers, important stakeholders within the growing tru2way® and Enhanced TV (ETV) communities.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
CableLabs® Releases Software Tools to Enable More Interactive Content
Jun 15, 2009 – CableLabs® has completed its beta development phase of the tru2way™ Reference Implementation and has made it publicly available through java.net, Sun Microsystems' open source project site.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform