Digital TV News: Starz
Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
Sep 20, 2023 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced a range of updates to its Fire TV family, introducing voice search with generative AI, upgrades to the Fire TV Ambient Experience, and more powerful Fire TV Sticks.
News categories: Amazon, Tapas Roy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Arabic-speaking countries to add 13 million SVOD subscribers
Aug 17, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, there will be 28 million SVOD subscriptions across 13 Arabic countries by 2029, up from 15 million in 2023.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Streaming
STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
May 25, 2023 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) has reported results for the quarter ended March 31, 2023. Total global OTT subscribers increased by 1.3 million in the sequential quarter, on a pro forma basis.
News categories: Lionsgate, Jon Feltheimer, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
MENA online video ad revenue to more than double to $2.3bn in 2027
May 22, 2023 – The online video advertising market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region will more than double to reach $2.3bn in 2027 according to the latest research from Omdia.
News categories: Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Streaming
OS updates coming to Roku devices in the U.S. this spring
Mar 9, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced platform-wide updates to its OS, with updates to Live TV, content discovery, Sports, the Roku Mobile App, and more rolling out in the U.S. this spring.
News categories: Roku, Preston Smalley, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA, UX
Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
Feb 1, 2023 – Huawei is collaborating with stc tv to bring digital entertainment to the MENA region. The stc tv streaming service aggregates content from partners including STARZPLAY, discovery+, Wide Khaliji, Cartoon Network, Boomerang & more.
News categories: Intigral, Huawei, stc tv, Peter Mrkic, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Mobile, Streaming
Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
Dec 2, 2022 – Parks Associates has released its updated list of the top 10 U.S. subscription OTT video services. This is the first time in the history of the annual report that Netflix is not in the top spot.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
LIONSGATE+ streaming to be shut down in seven territories
Nov 3, 2022 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) has reported results for its second quarter ended September 30, 2022. Global streaming subscribers increased 52% Y-o-Y to 27.3 million. The Company has decided to close its LIONSGATE+ streaming business in seven international territories.
News categories: Lionsgate, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Results, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden, Worldwide
VIZIO rolls out My Watchlist and enhanced recommendations
Oct 25, 2022 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has introduced My Watchlist, a feature that allows viewers to add their favorite TV shows and movies from different streaming services into one central location on VIZIO SmartCast TVs.
News categories: VIZIO, Steve Yum, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data