Digital TV News: Stefan Lederer
Bitmovin adds Dolby Vision HDR to it transcoding solution
Apr 23, 2020 – Bitmovin has announced support for Dolby Vision, Dolby’s HDR 4K video format. Bitmovin will integrate Dolby’s technology into its transcoding solution to enhance the 4K viewing experience via streaming.
News categories: Bitmovin, Dolby, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
Nov 12, 2019 – The European Investment Bank (EIB) is providing financing of up to €20 million to Bitmovin. The project will allow Bitmovin to strengthen its R&D and product development team in Austria and support investments in sales and marketing.
News categories: Bitmovin, EIB, Stefan Lederer, Andrew McDowell, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finance, Worldwide
Switch Media adds Bitmovin video player to its MediaHQ product suite
Jun 19, 2019 – Switch Media adds Bitmovin Video Player to its MediaHQ product suite. The first product to market using the Bitmovin Player technology is Freeview Australia’s Freeview FV Web which gives viewers access to TV using their online browser.
News categories: Bitmovin, Switch Media, Freeview Australia, Stefan Lederer, Luke Durham, Australia, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming
Fincons announces partnership with Bitmovin
Apr 8, 2019 – Fincons Group has announced a partnership with Bitmovin. The objective of the two businesses is to leverage their combined strengths to deliver innovative and future-proofed products, tailored solutions and services to the market.
News categories: Fincons Group, Bitmovin, Francesco Moretti, Oliver Botti, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
OSN chooses Bitmovin Encoding for its WAVO streaming service
Apr 8, 2019 – Bitmovin has announced that OSN has selected Bitmovin Encoding to offer video content to subscribers of its video streaming service, WAVO. OSN adopted Bitmovin Encoding because of its rich feature set and API approach to building its platform.
News categories: Bitmovin, OSN, Stefan Lederer, Dave Mace, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
Bitmovin partners with Akamai to offer advanced video encoding
Apr 4, 2019 – Bitmovin has announced that it has been qualified as a video transcoding partner by Akamai. Akamai has worked closely with Bitmovin since first announcing its plans to retire its Media Services on Demand (MSOD) transcoding service.
News categories: Bitmovin, Akamai, Stefan Lederer, Jon Alexander, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Bitmovin applies AI to video encoding
Mar 27, 2018 – Bitmovin has announced the launch of Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered encoding, speeding up processing and enabling service providers to deliver improvements in video quality. AI-enabled encoding will be demonstrated by Bitmovin at NAB Show 2018.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
BuyDRM and Bitmovin provide encoding and encryption for fuboTV
Dec 4, 2017 – BuyDRM and Bitmovin have partnered with sports-first streaming TV service fuboTV. As part of the deployment, Bitmovin will provide fuboTV with cloud-based encoding and encryption via the Bitmovin Encoding platform integrated with BuyDRM’s KeyOS Encryption Key API.
News categories: BuyDRM, Bitmovin, fuboTV, Christopher Levy, Stefan Lederer, Sung Ho Choi, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, USA
Intertrust and Bitmovin forge secure media player partnership
Sep 28, 2017 – Intertrust and Bitmovin have announced a partnership. Together, Intertrust’s cloud-based platforms and Bitmovin’s end-to-end content delivery system, provide customers with a one-stop solution for content protection and monetization.
News categories: Intertrust, Bitmovin, Talal Shamoon, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Worldwide
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution