Digital TV News: Stefan Lederer
Fincons announces partnership with Bitmovin
Apr 8, 2019 – Fincons Group has announced a partnership with Bitmovin. The objective of the two businesses is to leverage their combined strengths to deliver innovative and future-proofed products, tailored solutions and services to the market.
News categories: Fincons Group, Bitmovin, Francesco Moretti, Oliver Botti, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
OSN chooses Bitmovin Encoding for its WAVO streaming service
Apr 8, 2019 – Bitmovin has announced that OSN has selected Bitmovin Encoding to offer video content to subscribers of its video streaming service, WAVO. OSN adopted Bitmovin Encoding because of its rich feature set and API approach to building its platform.
News categories: Bitmovin, OSN, Stefan Lederer, Dave Mace, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
Bitmovin partners with Akamai to offer advanced video encoding
Apr 4, 2019 – Bitmovin has announced that it has been qualified as a video transcoding partner by Akamai. Akamai has worked closely with Bitmovin since first announcing its plans to retire its Media Services on Demand (MSOD) transcoding service.
News categories: Bitmovin, Akamai, Stefan Lederer, Jon Alexander, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Bitmovin applies AI to video encoding
Mar 27, 2018 – Bitmovin has announced the launch of Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered encoding, speeding up processing and enabling service providers to deliver improvements in video quality. AI-enabled encoding will be demonstrated by Bitmovin at NAB Show 2018.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
BuyDRM and Bitmovin provide encoding and encryption for fuboTV
Dec 4, 2017 – BuyDRM and Bitmovin have partnered with sports-first streaming TV service fuboTV. As part of the deployment, Bitmovin will provide fuboTV with cloud-based encoding and encryption via the Bitmovin Encoding platform integrated with BuyDRM’s KeyOS Encryption Key API.
News categories: BuyDRM, Bitmovin, fuboTV, Christopher Levy, Stefan Lederer, Sung Ho Choi, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, USA
Intertrust and Bitmovin forge secure media player partnership
Sep 28, 2017 – Intertrust and Bitmovin have announced a partnership. Together, Intertrust’s cloud-based platforms and Bitmovin’s end-to-end content delivery system, provide customers with a one-stop solution for content protection and monetization.
News categories: Intertrust, Bitmovin, Talal Shamoon, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Worldwide
bitmovin releases version 2.0 of its MPEG DASH streaming media client
Nov 13, 2013 – bitmovin has released its bitdash 2.0 streaming & client optimization framework. bitmovins' client is created to increase media streaming performance of MPEG-DASH players, rather than solely focusing on conformance to the MPEG-DASH standard.
News categories: bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Media Player, Mobile, Streaming
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way