Digital TV News: Stephen Spengler
Eutelsat partners with Intelsat and SES in U.S. C-band spectrum proposal
Jul 12, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I), SES (Paris: SESG) and Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) have announced that they are aligned on a market-based proposal for the future use of the lower C-band spectrum in the U.S. Eutelsat has agreed to join a proposal initiated by Intelsat, Intel and SES.
News categories: Eutelsat, Intelsat, SES S.A, Rodolphe Belmer, Stephen Spengler, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Intelsat 35e launches successfully
Jul 6, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of the Intelsat 35e satellite, the fourth of the Intelsat EpicNG high throughput satellites. Intelsat 35e includes a payload for the DTH services of Canal+ in the Caribbean.
News categories: Intelsat, Stephen Spengler, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Intelsat 36 launch adds DTH capacity for Sub-Saharan Africa
Aug 24, 2016 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of Intelsat 36, designed to enhance Intelsat’s media neighborhoods serving Africa and the Indian Ocean regions. The Ku-band payload was built to support South Africa's MultiChoice.
News categories: Intelsat, MultiChoice, Stephen Spengler, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
Intelsat 31 successfully launched for DIRECTV LA et al
Jun 9, 2016 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of Intelsat 31. The Ku-band payload, known as DLA-2, is designed to provide redundancy and reliability for DIRECTV Latin America’s distribution services in South America and the Caribbean.
News categories: Intelsat, DIRECTV Latin America, Stephen Spengler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Intelsat announces successful launch of Intelsat 34
Aug 20, 2015 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that its Intelsat 34 satellite was launched successfully from French Guiana aboard an Ariane 5 vehicle. Intelsat 34 is a C- and Ku-band satellite to be placed into service at the 304.5ºE orbital location.
News categories: Intelsat, Stephen Spengler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Intelsat and Azercosmos partner for satellite at 45°E
Feb 17, 2015 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) and Azercosmos, the national satellite operator of Azerbaijan, have announced that the two companies have signed a strategic agreement at the 45°E orbital position. The companies will collaborate on the design of the Azerspace-2/Intelsat 38 satellite.
News categories: Intelsat, Azercosmos, Stephen Spengler, Rashad Nabiyev, Azerbaijan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating