Digital TV News: Stephen Spengler
Eutelsat partners with Intelsat and SES in U.S. C-band spectrum proposal
Jul 12, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I), SES (Paris: SESG) and Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) have announced that they are aligned on a market-based proposal for the future use of the lower C-band spectrum in the U.S. Eutelsat has agreed to join a proposal initiated by Intelsat, Intel and SES.
News categories: Eutelsat, Intelsat, SES S.A, Rodolphe Belmer, Stephen Spengler, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Intelsat 35e launches successfully
Jul 6, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of the Intelsat 35e satellite, the fourth of the Intelsat EpicNG high throughput satellites. Intelsat 35e includes a payload for the DTH services of Canal+ in the Caribbean.
News categories: Intelsat, Stephen Spengler, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Intelsat 36 launch adds DTH capacity for Sub-Saharan Africa
Aug 24, 2016 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of Intelsat 36, designed to enhance Intelsat’s media neighborhoods serving Africa and the Indian Ocean regions. The Ku-band payload was built to support South Africa's MultiChoice.
News categories: Intelsat, MultiChoice, Stephen Spengler, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
Intelsat 31 successfully launched for DIRECTV LA et al
Jun 9, 2016 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of Intelsat 31. The Ku-band payload, known as DLA-2, is designed to provide redundancy and reliability for DIRECTV Latin America’s distribution services in South America and the Caribbean.
News categories: Intelsat, DIRECTV Latin America, Stephen Spengler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Intelsat announces successful launch of Intelsat 34
Aug 20, 2015 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that its Intelsat 34 satellite was launched successfully from French Guiana aboard an Ariane 5 vehicle. Intelsat 34 is a C- and Ku-band satellite to be placed into service at the 304.5ºE orbital location.
News categories: Intelsat, Stephen Spengler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Intelsat and Azercosmos partner for satellite at 45°E
Feb 17, 2015 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) and Azercosmos, the national satellite operator of Azerbaijan, have announced that the two companies have signed a strategic agreement at the 45°E orbital position. The companies will collaborate on the design of the Azerspace-2/Intelsat 38 satellite.
News categories: Intelsat, Azercosmos, Stephen Spengler, Rashad Nabiyev, Azerbaijan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service