Digital TV News: Stephen Spengler
Eutelsat partners with Intelsat and SES in U.S. C-band spectrum proposal
Jul 12, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I), SES (Paris: SESG) and Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) have announced that they are aligned on a market-based proposal for the future use of the lower C-band spectrum in the U.S. Eutelsat has agreed to join a proposal initiated by Intelsat, Intel and SES.
News categories: Eutelsat, Intelsat, SES S.A, Rodolphe Belmer, Stephen Spengler, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Intelsat 35e launches successfully
Jul 6, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of the Intelsat 35e satellite, the fourth of the Intelsat EpicNG high throughput satellites. Intelsat 35e includes a payload for the DTH services of Canal+ in the Caribbean.
News categories: Intelsat, Stephen Spengler, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Intelsat 36 launch adds DTH capacity for Sub-Saharan Africa
Aug 24, 2016 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of Intelsat 36, designed to enhance Intelsat’s media neighborhoods serving Africa and the Indian Ocean regions. The Ku-band payload was built to support South Africa's MultiChoice.
News categories: Intelsat, MultiChoice, Stephen Spengler, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
Intelsat 31 successfully launched for DIRECTV LA et al
Jun 9, 2016 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of Intelsat 31. The Ku-band payload, known as DLA-2, is designed to provide redundancy and reliability for DIRECTV Latin America’s distribution services in South America and the Caribbean.
News categories: Intelsat, DIRECTV Latin America, Stephen Spengler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Intelsat announces successful launch of Intelsat 34
Aug 20, 2015 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that its Intelsat 34 satellite was launched successfully from French Guiana aboard an Ariane 5 vehicle. Intelsat 34 is a C- and Ku-band satellite to be placed into service at the 304.5ºE orbital location.
News categories: Intelsat, Stephen Spengler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Intelsat and Azercosmos partner for satellite at 45°E
Feb 17, 2015 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) and Azercosmos, the national satellite operator of Azerbaijan, have announced that the two companies have signed a strategic agreement at the 45°E orbital position. The companies will collaborate on the design of the Azerspace-2/Intelsat 38 satellite.
News categories: Intelsat, Azercosmos, Stephen Spengler, Rashad Nabiyev, Azerbaijan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service