Digital TV News: Stephen Spengler
Eutelsat partners with Intelsat and SES in U.S. C-band spectrum proposal
Jul 12, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I), SES (Paris: SESG) and Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) have announced that they are aligned on a market-based proposal for the future use of the lower C-band spectrum in the U.S. Eutelsat has agreed to join a proposal initiated by Intelsat, Intel and SES.
News categories: Eutelsat, Intelsat, SES S.A, Rodolphe Belmer, Stephen Spengler, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Intelsat 35e launches successfully
Jul 6, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of the Intelsat 35e satellite, the fourth of the Intelsat EpicNG high throughput satellites. Intelsat 35e includes a payload for the DTH services of Canal+ in the Caribbean.
News categories: Intelsat, Stephen Spengler, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Intelsat 36 launch adds DTH capacity for Sub-Saharan Africa
Aug 24, 2016 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of Intelsat 36, designed to enhance Intelsat’s media neighborhoods serving Africa and the Indian Ocean regions. The Ku-band payload was built to support South Africa's MultiChoice.
News categories: Intelsat, MultiChoice, Stephen Spengler, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
Intelsat 31 successfully launched for DIRECTV LA et al
Jun 9, 2016 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of Intelsat 31. The Ku-band payload, known as DLA-2, is designed to provide redundancy and reliability for DIRECTV Latin America’s distribution services in South America and the Caribbean.
News categories: Intelsat, DIRECTV Latin America, Stephen Spengler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Intelsat announces successful launch of Intelsat 34
Aug 20, 2015 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that its Intelsat 34 satellite was launched successfully from French Guiana aboard an Ariane 5 vehicle. Intelsat 34 is a C- and Ku-band satellite to be placed into service at the 304.5ºE orbital location.
News categories: Intelsat, Stephen Spengler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Intelsat and Azercosmos partner for satellite at 45°E
Feb 17, 2015 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) and Azercosmos, the national satellite operator of Azerbaijan, have announced that the two companies have signed a strategic agreement at the 45°E orbital position. The companies will collaborate on the design of the Azerspace-2/Intelsat 38 satellite.
News categories: Intelsat, Azercosmos, Stephen Spengler, Rashad Nabiyev, Azerbaijan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership