Digital TV News: Steve Corda
30 pay TV providers testing 4K with SES in the US
Jul 24, 2017 – With an additional nine TV operators joining SES’s Ultra HD trials, a total of 30 US Pay TV providers, with a combined audience of more than 10 million subscribers, are now testing SES’s 4K content delivery platform across their distribution networks.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Corda, Jonathan Bullock, Michael Agostinelli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Cable’s first live PPV sports event in Ultra HD delivered by iN DEMAND with SES
Jun 29, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced the successful delivery of iN DEMAND and cable’s first 4K live Pay-Per-View (PPV) sports event broadcast, Bellator NYC: Sonnen vs Silva Mixed Martial Arts, over the SES Ultra HD distribution platform.
News categories: SES, iN DEMAND, Steve Corda, John Schultz, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, USA
U.S. MVPDs launch first linear consumer Ultra HD services with SES
Apr 24, 2017 – SES (Paris; LuxX:SESG) has announced that two MVPDs in the US have launched the first commercial linear Ultra HD services to cable and IPTV subscriber homes using SES’s satellite-delivered, pre-packaged, Ultra HD solution.
News categories: SES S.A, Vivicast, Highlands Cable, Marquette-Adams, Steve Corda, Stuart Smitherman, Nin Bond, Jerry Schneider, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Satellite, USA
Verizon and SES trial Ultra HD delivery
Mar 27, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) have announced a collaborative agreement with Verizon (NYSE:VZ) aimed at driving the overall development of Ultra HD delivery solutions for Verizon Fios subscribers throughout the U.S.
News categories: SES S.A, Verizon, Steve Corda, Erin McPherson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, USA
Six more cable operators join SES Ultra HD trials
Feb 28, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that six more U.S. cable operators have joined its Ultra HD trials, while some of the first cable providers to participate are nearing the historic launch of consumer Ultra HD packages across the country.
News categories: SES S.A, KPU Telecommunications, GVTC, Shrewsbury Community Cable, Steve Corda, Jeff Hendrickson, Dennis Krumblis, Jeffrey Black, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Frontier to test 4K Ultra HD content on SES platform
Feb 27, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that Frontier Communications has begun testing 4K Ultra HD content delivery using SES’s fully-managed Ultra HD distribution platform.
News categories: SES S.A, Frontier Communications, Steve Corda, Steve Ward, Cable TV, Content Distribution, USA
SES adds 4KUNIVERSE Ultra HD channel to North America line-up
Dec 5, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that 4KUNIVERSE, a general entertainment Ultra HD channel, has joined its Ultra HD line-up being delivered to cable operators and other TV platforms across North America.
News categories: SES S.A, 4KUNIVERSE, Steve Corda, Matthew Mancinelli, North America, Satellite
More US cable operators testing 4K via SES satellites
Nov 9, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that four more US cable operators are testing 4K content delivery across SES’s Ultra HD platform, in advance of subscriber trials set to begin later this year.
News categories: SES S.A, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
US cable operators conducting UHD trials with SES
Jul 27, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that multiple US cable operators are testing Ultra HD (or 4K) content across its fully-managed Ultra HD platform and receiving HEVC 4K IP set top boxes in preparation for Ultra HD subscriber trials into US households later this year.
News categories: SES S.A, Sjoberg, MTC Cable, Steve Corda, Richard Sjoberg, Glen Faulkner, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029