Digital TV News: Steve McCaffery
Portugal's NOS partners with ARRIS for new 4K STB
Jun 7, 2016 – NOS, Portugal's broadband and TV service provider, has selected the ZD4500 set-top from ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) for its new, immersive 4K service.
News categories: ARRIS, NOS, Steve McCaffery, Pedro Bandeira, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Portugal, RDK, Set Top Box
Omantel opts for ARRIS set-top boxes
Apr 24, 2016 – Omantel has selected ARRIS VIP2262v2 DVR set-tops to deliver DVR capabilities and on-demand HD content for its new Omantel TV+ service. Omantel subscribers will use the ARRIS set-tops to access more than 450 TV channels over their broadband connection.
News categories: ARRIS, Omantel, Steve McCaffery, Ali Haded, Digital TV, IPTV, Oman, Set Top Box
Telefónica deploys ARRIS IPTV set-top box
Sep 11, 2015 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that Telefónica has selected its VIP1113 set-top to deliver IPTV services—including HDTV, TV everywhere, on-demand, and OTT services—to its Movistar+ TV customers. Movistar+ is already deploying the VIP1113.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Telefónica, Steve McCaffery, Pablo Guaglianone, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain
ZAP selects ARRIS for Network DVR and VOD in Africa
Nov 12, 2014 – ZAP, a TV service provider in sub-Saharan Africa, has chosen the APEX3000 from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to enable delivery of network DVR (nDVR) and video on demand (VOD) services. The solution was deployed by ARRIS Value Added Reseller (VAR) Satcab.
News categories: ARRIS Group, ZAP, Satcab, Steve McCaffery, Luis Henriques, Martin Jahn, Angola, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mozambique, Satellite, TV Everywhere
TTNET brings ARRIS IPTV set-top experience to Turkey
Sep 8, 2014 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that Turkey's TTNET has successfully rolled out ARRIS VIP1113 IPTV set-tops to subscribers of its Tivibu service as it enhances its high definition (HD) TV offering.
News categories: ARRIS Group, TTNET, Sahin Sen, Steve McCaffery, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Set Top Box, Turkey
ARRIS unveils additions to its European cable CPE portfolio
May 20, 2014 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) has unveiled five new CPE solutions for European cable operators. These solutions address demand for quick and reliable content access on a variety of devices—with the latest wireless technology and attractive form factors.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Steve McCaffery, ANGA COM, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Telenor Sweden selects IPTV set-tops from ARRIS
Sep 13, 2013 – Telenor Sweden will be deploying VIP2853 IPTV set-tops by ARRIS Group (NASDAQ: ARRS) as it grows its TV service and offers an enhanced experience for customers. Telenor will roll out the ARRIS set-tops into customers' homes in early 2014.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Telenor, Mikael Farjsjo, Steve McCaffery, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sweden
Vectra chooses ARRIS Hybrid Set-Top for digital transition in Poland
Jun 3, 2013 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that Poland's second-largest cable service provider, Vectra, has chosen the ARRIS HMC3021 hybrid HD set-top box to accelerate its shift to IP.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Vectra, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Poland, Set Top Box
Motorola Mobility and Rostelecom Team up to Deliver Advanced TV Services in Russia
Mar 21, 2012 – Rostelecom (MICEX,RTS:RTKM) has selected to work with Motorola Mobility (NYSE:MMI) to expand its digital TV services across the country, which will include the introduction of new video on demand and interactive TV experiences.
News categories: Motorola, Rostelecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Set Top Box
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes