Digital TV News: Streaming Media
Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
Jun 23, 2022 – Irdeto has announced results for its 2022 financial year. Irdeto Video Entertainment continued to grow its global footprint, bringing new innovations to the market and supporting the needs of its customers.
News categories: Irdeto, Doug Lowther, Advertising, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, RDK, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Bitcentral streaming solution selected for Rewarded TV
May 25, 2022 – Bitcentral has announced that its FUEL + Powr.tv streaming solution has been chosen by Replay, a real-time video tracking and payments platform, to power its newly launched streaming service Rewarded TV.
News categories: Bitcentral, Rewarded TV, Krish Arvapally, Greg Morrow, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
May 19, 2022 – Global streaming grew 10% globally, including continued growth in mature markets like North America (5%) and Europe (9%), during the first quarter of 2022 as compared to Q1 2021, according to the latest State of Streaming report from Conviva.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
May 16, 2022 – Conviva is to unveil a streaming audience measurement standard to be released for general availability at CES 2023. The expansion is in partnership with premium streaming providers using Conviva’s real-time cloud sessionization technology.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Advertising, Big Data, CES2023, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Telstra adopts Fetch as TV platform provider
Apr 28, 2022 – Telstra has selected Fetch as its platform for Telstra TV. Telstra will invest around A$50m including provision for onboarding Telstra TV customers onto Fetch, resulting in Telstra acquiring a 51% stake in the company.
News categories: Telstra, Fetch TV, Kim Krogh Andersen, Scott Lorson, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, UX
ADTH and Tolka debut ATSC 3.0 receivers at NAB Show 2022
Apr 20, 2022 – Atlanta DTH will debut two additions to its product range at the NAB Show. Developed in partnership with Tolka, the products are its new ATSC 3.0 Gateway TV receiver and DGI-NexGen-Solo ultra-compact USB-powered plug-in ATSC 3.0 digital TV receiver.
News categories: Atlanta DTH, Tolka, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
Blu Digital Group launches AI-driven ad-placement detection for FAST and AVOD
Apr 12, 2022 – Blu Digital Group (BDG) has launched BluSpot. BluSpot uses AI to take any video and automatically detect ad placement opportunities for film/TV content intended to stream on ad-based platforms (FAST and AVOD).
News categories: Blu Digital, George Rausch, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Strong streaming growth in Europe continues
Mar 21, 2022 – Streaming adoption throughout Europe continues to grow at a rapid pace, according to Conviva. While Europe as a whole experienced a 20% increase in streaming viewership, Southern and Western Europe saw roughly double that growth with 44% and 34%, respectively.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, QoE, Streaming
Plex names Magnite as a preferred SSP, SpringServe as primary ad server
Mar 9, 2022 – Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI) has announced that Plex has named Magnite as a preferred SSP and SpringServe as their primary ad server. Magnite's built-for-video technology plays an important role in helping Plex grow its ad-supported business.
News categories: Magnite, Plex, SpringServe, Mike Laband, Harold Morgenstern, Chris Signore, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data