Digital TV News: Sunplus
Socionext integrates TITC frame buffer compression IP
Jun 26, 2015 – Taiwan ImagingTek (TITC) has announced that Socionext has started shipping TV chips with TITC's image compression IP for frame buffer memory reduction. The IP improves power consumption and memory cost, and reduces EMI issues.
News categories: ImagingTek, Socionext, Star Sung, Takehiro Kamada, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sunplus to sell set-top box chip business to Availink
Jan 20, 2015 – Sunplus Technology (TAIEX: 2401, LSE: SUPD) has announced that it will sell its set-top-box product center assets to Availink for NT$330 million, NT$295million of which it will use to to acquire a 16.67% share of Availink.
News categories: Sunplus, Availink, Chou-Chye Huang, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sunplus selects ANT Galio Platform for system-on-a-chip solution
Feb 28, 2011 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Sunplus Technology (Taipei: 2401) has licensed the ANT Galio Platform and core TV applications. The ANT Galio Platform will be integrated with Sunplus SoCs for European connected TV, set-top box and DVD markets.
News categories: ANT plc, Sunplus, Digital TV, DVD, HbbTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
2010 Satellite Set Top Box Shipments Down 8% in North American and Western European Regions
Feb 3, 2011 – Shipments of satellite set top boxes declined in 2010 by 8% in both the North American and Western European regions, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
H.264 Decoder IC Market to Grow 20% Annually Through 2013
Nov 11, 2010 – H.264 decoders are beginning to appear in many solutions and the compression scheme is becoming more popular. As a result In-Stat expects H.264 decoder ICs to grow at an annual rate in excess of 20% through 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Silicon Image Introduces MHL™-Enabled Intellectual Property Cores
Nov 8, 2010 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the availability of intellectual property (IP) cores that support the MHL™ standard. MHL is a mobile HD interface standard optimized for connecting portable devices to HD TVs and displays.
News categories: Silicon Image, Mobile High-Definition Link, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Smart TV
Inview Technology sign licensing agreements to supply NEELiX platform to silicon vendors
Sep 29, 2010 – Inview Technology has announced that license agreements have been signed with a number of silicon vendors enabling the integration of its NEELiX platform. NEELiX incorporates a fully integrated EPG, media browser and personal schedule tool.
News categories: Inview, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MPEG Video SoC Market Riding Along with the Consumer Electronics Market
Aug 31, 2010 – Growth in shipments of various video products in the consumer electronics market, even in a year with economic uncertainty like 2009, helped the MPEG video SoC market reach over 650 million units in 2009, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Shipments of Network-Enabled Blu-Ray Players/Recorders will approach 80 million units by 2013
Apr 7, 2010 – Price drops of Blu-ray players in North America drove unit shipments to triple in 2009 compared to 2008, reports In-Stat. Worldwide, shipments of Blu-ray players and recorders will grow to nearly 80 million units by 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Streaming
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework