Digital TV News: Sunrise
Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
Oct 19, 2021 – Sunrise UPC has announced that, following the addition of fiber optics to its mobile offer, the company is taking another step towards becoming a full-service provider with yallo TV.
News categories: Sunrise, Wilmaa, Christoph Richartz, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Liberty Global reports Q2 2021 results
Jul 29, 2021 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q2 2021 results. Organic video subscriber losses were at 41,900 in the quarter. Liberty has received a non-binding offer from Iliad to acquire 100% of UPC Poland.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Amazon Prime Video app added to UPC TV in Switzerland
Apr 29, 2021 – Sunrise UPC has announced that the Amazon Prime Video app is now available on UPC TV in Switzerland. Netflix, Starzplay, YouTube, Sky and Blue TV app are also fully integrated into the UPC TV box.
News categories: UPC TV, Prime Video, Tina Rodriguez, Barry Furlough, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Switzerland
OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
Mar 4, 2021 – SportsTribal TV is the free, ad-supported streaming TV (FAST) service specializing in sports. Using Stoneroos’s white-label OTT NOW! front-end solution SportsTribal TV ensured a fast time-to-market for the service.
News categories: Stoneroos, SportsTribal, Annelies Kaptein, Frank Bowe, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Liberty Global reports Q4 2020 results
Feb 16, 2021 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced Q4 2020 results. In the quarter, the company gained video subscribers in Ireland, Poland and Slovakia, and saw losses in the UK, Belgium and Switzerland - a reduction of 9,500 overall.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Liberty Global completes acquisition of Sunrise
Nov 12, 2020 – Liberty Global (Nasdaq: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has completed the acquisition of Sunrise Communications AG (SIX Swiss Exchange: SRCG). Liberty Global now holds more than 98% of the share capital of Sunrise.
News categories: Liberty Global, UPC Schweiz, Sunrise Communications, Mike Fries, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Switzerland
Liberty Global reports Q3 2020 results
Nov 4, 2020 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced Q3 2020 results. The company gained video subscribers in Ireland and Poland, and saw losses in the UK, Belgium, Switzerland and Slovakia - a reduction of 57,300 overall.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, IPTV, Ireland, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Liberty Global announces results of Sunrise tender offer
Oct 9, 2020 – Liberty Global (Nasdaq: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced provisional results for the tender offer by UPC Schweiz to acquire Sunrise Communications Group (SIX: SRCG). Subject to confirmation, the minimum acceptance offer condition has been met.
News categories: Liberty Global, UPC Schweiz, Sunrise Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Switzerland
SportsTribal chooses Stoneroos white-label OTT solution
Sep 1, 2020 – SportsTribal has chosen the white-label OTT NOW! solution from Stoneroos for its launch of SportsTribal TV in late 2020. SportsTribal TV is a free, sports streaming TV service presenting a wide range of sport-based entertainment channels from around the world.
News categories: Stoneroos, SportsTribal, Annelies Kaptein, Frank Bowe, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV