Digital TV News: Sunrise Communications
Cable TV subscribers in Switzerland drop 57,600 in 2013
Mar 4, 2014 – According to figures from Swisscable, the sectoral association for cable TV companies in Switzerland, the number of cable TV subscribers in the country at the end of 2013 was 2.69 million, down 58 thousand or 2.1% over the year.
News categories: Swisscable, Cable TV, Subscribers, Switzerland
Swisscom adds 183,000 TV customers in 2012
Feb 7, 2013 – Swisscom has released its results report for 2012. The number of Swisscom TV connections increased year-on-year by 183,000 to 791,000 (+63,000 in the fourth quarter). Fastweb's bundled TV and broadband offering in partnership with Sky Italia has attracted 151,000 customers to date.
News categories: Swisscom, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Switzerland
1.2 million digital cable TV subscribers for Switzerland
Aug 15, 2012 – According to figures from Swisscable, the sectoral association for cable TV companies in Switzerland, the number of digital cable TV subscribers in the country grew by 29% in the year to the end of June 2012 to reach around 1.2 million.
News categories: Swisscable, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Switzerland, Terrestrial
Sunrise Chooses Entone IPTV STBs
Feb 21, 2012 – Entone has announced that Sunrise Communications, the largest private telecom provider in Switzerland, has selected Entone as its set-top box partner for the deployment of advanced IPTV services.
News categories: Entone, Sunrise Communications, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Switzerland, Video Exchange
Swiss telco Sunrise to launch IPTV in 1Q 2012
Nov 24, 2011 – Sunrise, Switzerland's second-largest mobile phone service provider, has announced with its third quarter 2011 results that it will launch IPTV in the first quarter of 2012. A trial service has been running since October.
News categories: Sunrise Communications, Digital TV, IPTV, Switzerland
Swisscom Mobile TV network to be set up as planned
Dec 12, 2007 – At the end of September 2007 ComCom awarded Swisscom the licence to set up DVB-H mobile TV in Switzerland. Despite the withdrawal of the two partners - Sunrise and Orange - Swisscom is continuing with its plan to provide the service in time for the European Football Championships.
News categories: Swisscom, Digital TV, Mobile, Switzerland
- Link Net fixed broadband business to move to XL Axiata
- World Archery partners with Joymo to upgrade Archery+ platform
- 20% of US internet households own a TV antenna, and 12% plan to buy one
- MetaBroadcast partners with Gracenote for Barb contract
- Amdocs research reveals streaming consumer expectations for 2024
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics