Digital TV News: Synergy Research Group
Video infrastructure spending outstrips client hardware and software revenue
Jun 22, 2015 – Q1 data from Synergy Research shows that revenue growth from video infrastructure network hardware and software is far outstripping growth from client hardware and software. While revenue from all video infrastructure grew by 7% Y-o-Y, network hardware and software grew at 10% and 17%.
News categories: Synergy Research, John Dinsdale, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cisco leads in both Video Infrastructure Software and Hardware
Dec 12, 2014 – New Q3 data from Synergy Research Group shows that Cisco maintains a strong market lead in both video infrastructure software and hardware, with its worldwide share of revenues approaching 20% in both segments.
News categories: Synergy Research, John Dinsdale, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Stellar growth forecast for some Video Infrastructure Software market segments
Oct 7, 2014 – New Q2 data contained in a complimentary report from Synergy Research Group shows that client software is the fastest growing software category within the video infrastructure software market, followed by headend software.
News categories: Synergy Research, John Dinsdale, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
IPTV Equipment Posts Aggressive Growth in Q2 2008
Aug 15, 2008 – Synergy Research Group (SRG) has announces the availability of the Synergy Q2 2008 IPTV Market Share report, which shows the overall IPTV equipment market growing 30.3 percent year over year.
News categories: Synergy Research Group, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Coship chooses ANT Galio Browser as platform partner for latest IPTV set-top boxes
Jun 16, 2008 – ANT (AIM:ANTP) has announced that Coship has licensed ANT Galio Browser for use in its next generation IPTV set-top boxes.
News categories: ANT Software, Coship, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Q1 2008 IPTV Equipment Posts Aggressive Growth
May 16, 2008 – Synergy Research Group (SRG) has announced the availability of the Synergy Q1 2008 IPTV Market Share report. The fastest growing IPTV market segment was IPTV Set Top Boxes (STB), which grew 86 percent year over year.
News categories: Synergy Research, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia