Digital TV News: T-Mobile
Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
Oct 14, 2021 – According to Dataxis, the pay TV market in Europe is expected to slowly recover from the blow it suffered during the pandemic. Pay TV revenues in Europe should reach €33 billion in 2025, eventually topping its 2019 level.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
Deutsche Telekom and Tele2 sell T-Mobile Netherlands
Sep 7, 2021 – Deutsche Telekom and Tele2 have entered into an agreement to sell T-Mobile Netherlands to WP/AP Telecom Holdings, an entity jointly controlled by funds advised by Apax Partners and Warburg Pincus.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, T-Mobile NL, Tele2, Thorsten Langheim, Søren Abildgaard, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Netherlands
Proof of vaccination required to attend CES 2022
Aug 18, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has announced that CES 2022 will require in-person attendees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. CES 2022 will take place in Las Vegas on January 5-8, 2022.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2022, COVID-19, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
Jun 16, 2021 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) projects that 5G mobile subscriptions will exceed 580 million by the end of 2021. The forecast enhances the expectation that 5G will become the fastest adopted mobile generation.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
24i acquires Nordija
May 27, 2021 – 24i has announced that it has acquired privately-held Nordija. The companies will combine their expertise to drive the development of their TVaaS offerings, enabling scale in their key markets.
News categories: 24i, Nordija, Joachim Bergman, Thomas Christensen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Worldwide
T-Mobile TVision Live, Live+ and Live Zone services winding down on April 29
Mar 29, 2021 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has instead announced plans to expand its collaboration with Google across a wide array of customer experiences later this year, including embracing YouTube TV as T-Mobile’s premium TV solution.
News categories: T-Mobile, Google, Mike Sievert, Hiroshi Lockheimer, Android TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
Mar 4, 2021 – SportsTribal TV is the free, ad-supported streaming TV (FAST) service specializing in sports. Using Stoneroos’s white-label OTT NOW! front-end solution SportsTribal TV ensured a fast time-to-market for the service.
News categories: Stoneroos, SportsTribal, Annelies Kaptein, Frank Bowe, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
Oct 27, 2020 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has unveiled the company’s latest Un-carrier move, three distinct streaming services — TVision LIVE, VIBE and CHANNELS — and the TVision HUB, a streaming device, available nationwide on November 1.
News categories: T-Mobile, Mike Sievert, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
SportsTribal chooses Stoneroos white-label OTT solution
Sep 1, 2020 – SportsTribal has chosen the white-label OTT NOW! solution from Stoneroos for its launch of SportsTribal TV in late 2020. SportsTribal TV is a free, sports streaming TV service presenting a wide range of sport-based entertainment channels from around the world.
News categories: Stoneroos, SportsTribal, Annelies Kaptein, Frank Bowe, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil