Digital TV News: T-Mobile Austria
T-Mobile Austria and UPC Austria merge to form Magenta Telekom
May 7, 2019 – T-Mobile Austria and UPC Austria have merged to form Magenta Telekom. The Deutsche Telekom subsidiary will market its services under the Magenta retail brand, while retaining the T logo as its corporate brand.
News categories: Magenta Telekom, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
The number of cable homes in Europe grew once again in 2017
Nov 7, 2018 – The number of cable homes in Europe once again grew in 2017, reaching 69.2 million and comprising 36.3% of all TV households. This was the largest number of cable homes in Europe since 2009 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
EU approves acquisition of UPC Austria by T-Mobile Austria
Jul 9, 2018 – The European Commission has approved unconditionally the proposed acquisition of UPC Austria by T-Mobile Austria. The Commission concluded that the transaction would raise no competition concerns as the companies' activities and assets are largely complementary.
News categories: European Commission, T-Mobile Austria, UPC Austria, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
T-Mobile Austria acquires UPC Austria
Dec 22, 2017 – T-Mobile Austria has announced the acquisition of UPC Austria, an indirect subsidiary of Liberty Global. The combined company will be an integrated provider of mobile and fixed line broadband internet, IoT, mobile and fixed line telephony as well as TV and entertainment products in Austria.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, T-Mobile Austria, UPC Austria, Srini Gopalan, Andreas Bierwirth, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
- Global pay TV revenues to drop by $30 billion
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting
- Sky Media pilots Shoppable Ads with Sky Mobile
- Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th