Digital TV News: TASS
UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
May 19, 2022 – TV audience figures for the UAE have been revealed at CABSAT 2022, courtesy of Mena.tv. The research provides viewing data for 1.1 million UAE households dating back two years and across more than 600 channels on the E-Vision network.
News categories: Mena.TV, Nielsen, Nick Grande, Sarah Messer, Tassabih Hassan, Hadi Hammoud, Dr Khulud Abu Homos, Mashal Waqar, Dr Bidushi Bhattacharya, Advertising, Big Data, CABSAT, Digital TV, UAE
Irdeto and TASS introduce multi-DRM solution including China DRM
Feb 14, 2022 – Irdeto has collaborated with Beijing Jiangnan Tianan Technology (TASS) to introduce a multi-DRM solution that includes China DRM and supports all the leading commercial DRMs, enabling Chinese operators to deploy services in China and worldwide.
News categories: Irdeto, TASS, Shane McCarthy, Deng Xiaosi, China, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
ARRIS Qi3 HD set-top gains security certifications
Jun 5, 2017 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that its Qi3 HD set-top, with support for industry-standard video decryption protocols, is one of the first devices in this class to achieve both CAL and iTASS certification.
News categories: ARRIS International, Larry Robinson, Cable TV, Set Top Box, USA
ONT to broadcast Tunisian channels to West Africa on Eutelsat
May 24, 2016 – The Tunisian broadcasting corporation (ONT) has signed a multi-year contract with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) to broadcast its new subscription-free TV platform across North and West Africa on EUTELSAT 7 West A.
News categories: Eutelsat, ONT, Michel Azibert, Dhaker Baccouch, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Tunisia
Amino wins set-top contract via Intracom Telecom
Jul 17, 2012 – Amino (AIM: AMO) has partnered with Intracom Telecom to secure a contract to provide HD IPTV set-top boxes for one of the fastest growing IPTV deployments in South Eastern Europe.
News categories: Amino, Intracom Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
MRI Progress Licenses Virage Logic ARC® Video 401V Subsystem for Digital TV Applications
Sep 1, 2010 – Virage Logic (NASDAQ:VIRL) has announced that MRI (Microelectronics Research Institute) Progress has licensed Virage Logic's ARC Video 401V subsystem. MRI Progress will integrate the subsystem into a SoC targeting digital TV applications.
News categories: Virage Logic, MRI Progress, ICs, Russia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Belarus - MDC to launch mobile TV by year end
May 8, 2007 – Belarusian mobile operator Mobile Digital Communications (MDC) is to launch a mobile TV service, reports Prime-Tass Belarus. More …
News categories: Belarus, Digital TV, Mobile
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK