Digital TV News: TCC
Telechips embeds INSIDE Secure DRM in set-top box ICs
Aug 27, 2013 – INSIDE Secure (Euronext:INSD) has announced that Telechips has embedded its INSIDE DRM Fusion™ Agent for HDCP and DTCP-IP into its newest TCC892X family of set-top box multimedia application processors.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Telechips, Solacia, DRM, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Zenterio expands into Latin America with deal with Uruguay's TCC
Aug 6, 2013 – TCC and Zenterio have announced a partnership. The partnership will enable TCC to launch new interactive services on in-home TV sets as well as live TV streaming on mobile devices.
News categories: Zenterio, TCC, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Uruguay
DIRECTV passes 100,000 subscriber mark in Uruguay
Jun 30, 2013 – The local communications regulator, URSEC, has released a survey of the telecoms market in Uruguay up to the end of June 2013. The number of Pay TV subscribers at mid-year was 620,926, up from 561,268 at the end of June 2012.
News categories: URSEC, Cable TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay
Uruguayan cable operator TCC launches OTT services with Broadpeak
Jun 20, 2013 – Broadpeak has announced that Uruguayan cable operator TCC has selected Broadpeak for the deployment of its new OTT service. With Broadpeak, TCC can deliver live and VOD content OTT to subscribers while ensuring a high quality of service.
News categories: Broadpeak, TCC, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, Uruguay
DIRECTV grew market share in Uruguay in 2012
Apr 17, 2013 – The Uruguayan communications regulator, URSEC, has released a survey of the telecommunications market in Uruguay up to the end of December 2012. The number of Pay TV subscribers at year-end was 592,699, up from 536,812 at the end of 2011, a 10.4% increase.
News categories: URSEC, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay
Verimatrix to Protect TCCL Cable TV Digitalization Initiative
Jan 15, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that Indian cable multi-service operator TCCL has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) architecture to provide cardless revenue security for its new digital cable TV service.
News categories: Verimatrix, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, India
INSIDE Secure Provides Security Solutions for STB Chip Maker Telechips
Jan 7, 2013 – INSIDE Secure (NYSE Euronext: INSD) has announced that Telechips is integrating a host of INSIDE Secure security solutions into its new family of set-top box processor chips to help ensure secure boot up and end-to-end content protection.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Telechips, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Satellite subscriber numbers growing fastest in Uruguay
Oct 24, 2012 – The Uruguayan communications regulator Unidad Reguladora de Servicios de Comunicaciones (URSEC) has released a survey of the telecom market in Uruguay up to the end of June 2012. Over the preceding 12 months DIRECTV Uruguay grew by over 19%.
News categories: URSEC, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, MMDS, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay
536,812 pay TV subscribers in Uruguay at end-2011
Apr 14, 2012 – The Uruguayan communications regulator, URSEC, has released a survey of the telecommunications market in Uruguay up to the end of December 2011. The number of Pay TV subscribers at year-end was 536,812.
News categories: URSEC, Cable TV, Market Research, MMDS, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
- ThinkAnalytics integrates Gracenote Personalized Imagery
- CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
- Verimatrix CA chosen for digital TV switchover initiative in Nigeria