Digital TV News: TCL Corp
Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
Jan 14, 2020 – According to Acumen Research and Consulting, the global Android TV market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 20% over the forecast period 2019 to 2026 and expected to reach the market value of over US$ 231 billion by 2026.
News categories: Acumen Research and Consulting, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
Nov 27, 2019 – Analysis from TrendForce shows that global TV shipments in 3Q19 reached 54.97 million units, a 16.8% growth QoQ and 1.9% decline YoY. Double 11 in China and year-end festivities in Europe and the Americas have required companies to stock up.
News categories: TrendForce, Iris Hu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Smart TV market to reach $292.55 billion by 2025
Oct 30, 2017 – The smart TV market is expected to reach USD 292.55 billion by 2025, according to Grand View Research. The introduction of 4K resolution-equipped televisions, coupled with the shifting preference toward OLED and QLED displays, is expected to emerge as a major trend.
News categories: Grand View Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TCL to adopt DivX HEVC technology for new 4K televisions
Sep 5, 2014 – DivX and TCL have announced that TCL Multimedia will adopt the DivX HEVC technology for its global line of digital televisions, enabling the playback of high-quality, highly efficient Ultra HD (4K) video in the living room.
News categories: DivX, TCL, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, E Hao, Digital TV, IBC, Media Player, Smart TV, Worldwide
WASU content for IMAX-TCL Premium Home Theatre
Apr 16, 2014 – IMAX Corporation (NYSE: IMAX; TSX: IMX) and TCL Multimedia have announced a joint-venture partnership with Wasu Digital TV Media Group (WASU) as part of their IMAX TCL home theatre initiative.
News categories: TCL Multimedia, IMAX Corp, WASU, Richard L. Gelfond, Tomson Dongsheng Li, Qiang Cao, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
Dolby launches Dolby Vision picture improvement technology
Jan 6, 2014 – Dolby Labs (NYSE:DLB) has announced Dolby® Vision, a new imaging technology that helps content creators and television manufacturers deliver true-to-life brightness, colors, and contrast by augmenting the fidelity of Ultra HD (UHD) and HD video signals.
News categories: Dolby, Hao E, Roland Vlaicu, Jim Freeman, Neil Hunt, Mike Seamons, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV
TV semiconductor market growing despite decline in TV shipments
Oct 9, 2013 – Despite a drop in global television unit demand in 2013, the semiconductor market for TVs is forecast to increase by an estimated 7% to $13.1 billion, according to data presented in IC Insights’ upcoming IC Market Drivers 2014 report.
News categories: IC Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Marvell Powers TCL Smart TV and Set-top Box with Google TV
Jan 8, 2013 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) and TCL have announced that TCL is the first company to offer both a Smart TV (Movo) and set-top box (MoVo Box) with Google TV, powered by Marvell's ARMADA® 1500 series SoC platform (88DE3100).
News categories: Marvell, TCL, Google TV, CES2022, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
TCL and SENSIO announce planned integration of SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D technology in 3DTVs
Jan 10, 2012 – TCL (SZSE: 000100) and SENSIO (TSX-V: SIO) have announced the signing of a letter of intent (LOI) to work together towards the integration of the SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D technology in TCL 3DTVs.
News categories: SENSIO, TCL Corp, China, Digital TV, Smart TV, VR
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
- Sappa selects Appear to deliver live TV in Sweden
- Accedo supports Telecine Play Smart TV app development