Digital TV News: TCL Corp
Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
Jan 14, 2020 – According to Acumen Research and Consulting, the global Android TV market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 20% over the forecast period 2019 to 2026 and expected to reach the market value of over US$ 231 billion by 2026.
News categories: Acumen Research and Consulting, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
Nov 27, 2019 – Analysis from TrendForce shows that global TV shipments in 3Q19 reached 54.97 million units, a 16.8% growth QoQ and 1.9% decline YoY. Double 11 in China and year-end festivities in Europe and the Americas have required companies to stock up.
News categories: TrendForce, Iris Hu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Smart TV market to reach $292.55 billion by 2025
Oct 30, 2017 – The smart TV market is expected to reach USD 292.55 billion by 2025, according to Grand View Research. The introduction of 4K resolution-equipped televisions, coupled with the shifting preference toward OLED and QLED displays, is expected to emerge as a major trend.
News categories: Grand View Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TCL to adopt DivX HEVC technology for new 4K televisions
Sep 5, 2014 – DivX and TCL have announced that TCL Multimedia will adopt the DivX HEVC technology for its global line of digital televisions, enabling the playback of high-quality, highly efficient Ultra HD (4K) video in the living room.
News categories: DivX, TCL, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, E Hao, Digital TV, IBC2021, Media Player, Smart TV, Worldwide
WASU content for IMAX-TCL Premium Home Theatre
Apr 16, 2014 – IMAX Corporation (NYSE: IMAX; TSX: IMX) and TCL Multimedia have announced a joint-venture partnership with Wasu Digital TV Media Group (WASU) as part of their IMAX TCL home theatre initiative.
News categories: TCL Multimedia, IMAX Corp, WASU, Richard L. Gelfond, Tomson Dongsheng Li, Qiang Cao, China, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
Dolby launches Dolby Vision picture improvement technology
Jan 6, 2014 – Dolby Labs (NYSE:DLB) has announced Dolby® Vision, a new imaging technology that helps content creators and television manufacturers deliver true-to-life brightness, colors, and contrast by augmenting the fidelity of Ultra HD (UHD) and HD video signals.
News categories: Dolby, Hao E, Roland Vlaicu, Jim Freeman, Neil Hunt, Mike Seamons, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV
TV semiconductor market growing despite decline in TV shipments
Oct 9, 2013 – Despite a drop in global television unit demand in 2013, the semiconductor market for TVs is forecast to increase by an estimated 7% to $13.1 billion, according to data presented in IC Insights’ upcoming IC Market Drivers 2014 report.
News categories: IC Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Marvell Powers TCL Smart TV and Set-top Box with Google TV
Jan 8, 2013 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) and TCL have announced that TCL is the first company to offer both a Smart TV (Movo) and set-top box (MoVo Box) with Google TV, powered by Marvell's ARMADA® 1500 series SoC platform (88DE3100).
News categories: Marvell, TCL, Google TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
TCL and SENSIO announce planned integration of SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D technology in 3DTVs
Jan 10, 2012 – TCL (SZSE: 000100) and SENSIO (TSX-V: SIO) have announced the signing of a letter of intent (LOI) to work together towards the integration of the SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D technology in TCL 3DTVs.
News categories: SENSIO, TCL Corp, China, Digital TV, Smart TV, VR
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia