Digital TV News: TOD
Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
Mar 16, 2023 – Amagi has announced that Mainstream Media AG has launched a female-centred FAST channel, Starke Frauen, using Amagi's CLOUDPORT for playout and THUNDERSTORM for ad insertion.
News categories: Amagi, Mainstream Media AG, Srinivasan KA, Tim Werner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming
StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
Mar 15, 2023 – StarGroup has once again selected Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) for StarTV, its DTH pay-TV service. StarTV will continue to benefit from the coverage of Mexico at 117° West.
News categories: Eutelsat, StarGroup, José Ignacio González-Núñez, Jose Aguirre, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite
Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
Mar 14, 2023 – Ateme has announced that it has completed the AWS ISV Accelerate program, a co-sell program for independent software vendors providing software solutions that run on or integrate with AWS.
News categories: Ateme, AWS, Yohann Guilloux, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Software, Worldwide
Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
Mar 14, 2023 – Media Distillery has released Ad Break Distillery. The solution identifies the exact start and stop times of ad breaks in broadcast video, enabling enhanced monetization opportunities.
News categories: Media Distillery, Roland Sars, Ed Barton, Advertising, Digital TV, Worldwide
Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
Mar 10, 2023 – Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) is partnering with Roku (Nasdaq:ROKU) to provide its first-party data for targeting and measurement. Best Buy will also give shoppers exclusive access to Roku-branded TVs.
News categories: Roku, Best Buy, Julian Mintz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Aferian provides trading update
Mar 10, 2023 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has provided an update on current trading and its impact on the company's outlook. For Amino, device sales have been materially lower than anticipated.
News categories: Aferian, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SpringServe joins Amazon streaming TV ad server certification program
Mar 10, 2023 – SpringServe (NASDAQ:MGNI) is to join the Amazon Publisher Services (APS) Ad Server Certification Program for streaming TV, simplifying APS header bidding integration.
News categories: SpringServe, Amazon Publisher Services, Joe Hirsch, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Viu app comes to Astro's Ultra Box
Mar 10, 2023 – Astro has expanded its streaming service, adding the Viu app to its platform. Astro customers can now access Viu on multi-screens, including on its Ultra Box.
News categories: Astro, Viu, Agnes Rozario, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Freeview channels move into the cloud with BT
Mar 9, 2023 – The contract between BT and D3&4 has seen BT switch on cloud processing for regionalised TV across all of D3&4's Freeview channels – ready for distribution to regions across the UK.
News categories: BT, Faisal Mahomed, Greg Bensberg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server