Digital TV News: TPV
Chunghwa Telecom launches TVs with MOD IPTV integrated
Mar 4, 2014 – Chunghwa Telecom (TAIEX: 2412, NYSE: CHT) has announced the availability of Smart TVs with access to its Multimedia-On-demand (MOD) service built-in.
News categories: Chunghwa Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart TV, Taiwan
IBM Cloud to Deliver Home Entertainment Services for Philips Smart TVs
Aug 31, 2012 – IBM (NYSE: IBM) has unveiled a cloud platform for CE firms and announced that it will power the Philips Smart TV platform for Internet services, which will deliver interactive services to TV viewers in Europe, as well as Brazil and Argentina.
News categories: IBM, Philips, TP Vision, Argentina, Brazil, Content Distribution, Europe, IFA2020, OTT, Smart TV
Philips and TPV sign agreement on Television joint venture
Nov 1, 2011 – Philips (NYSE:PHG, AEX:PHI) has announced that it has signed the agreement to transfer its Television business into a joint venture with TPV Technology Limited (0903.HK). The new company will be 70% owned by TPV and 30% by Philips.
News categories: Philips, TPV Technology, MnA, Smart TV
AOC Selects Trident for Connected TV for Brazil
Sep 27, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has announced that its HiDTV® Pro-SXL system-on-a-chip (SoC) has been adopted in AOC's new series of Digital TVs for Brazil and other South American markets and has begun volume shipment.
News categories: Trident Micro, AOC, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Philips and TPV to create strong global Television company
Apr 18, 2011 – Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE:PHG, AEX:PHI) has announced that it has entered into a term sheet to transfer its Television business into a joint venture with TPV Technology (0903.HK) as part of a long-term strategic partnership.
News categories: Philips Electronics, TPV Technology, MnA, Smart TV
Zoran Corporation Reports Record Results for the Fourth Quarter and Year End 2007
Jan 28, 2008 – Zoran Corporation (Nasdaq GS: ZRAN) has reported results for its fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2007.
News categories: Zoran, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, HD-DVD, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers