Digital TV News: TSMC
MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
Nov 22, 2021 – MediaTek (TWSE:2454) and TSMC (TWSE:2330, NYSE:TSM) have unveiled the world’s first 7-nanometer 8K digital TV SoC, the MediaTek Pentonic 2000. The MediaTek Pentonic 2000 is built with TSMC’s N7 advanced process technology.
News categories: MediaTek, TSMC, Dr. Mike Chang, Dr. Kevin Zhang, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Taiwan, Worldwide
MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
Nov 19, 2021 – MediaTek has unveiled its Pentonic smart TV family with the introduction of the Pentonic 2000, which will power next generation 8K TVs. The Pentonic series is built on MediaTek's technologies in display, audio, AI, broadcasting and connectivity.
News categories: MediaTek, Dr. Mike Chang, Digital TV, ICs, Smart TV, Worldwide
Novatek 8K TV SoC integrates deserializer from Silicon Creations
Aug 13, 2020 – Silicon Creations has announced that its Deserializer PMA (Physical Media Attachment) technology has been deployed as a V-by-One HS receiver in a SoC designed by Novatek for an 8K digital TV application.
News categories: Silicon Creations, Novatek, Andrew Cole, Daniel Ping, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Taiwan, Worldwide
Pandemic-induced decline in display driver IC demand temporarily alleviates tight supply
Apr 13, 2020 – According to TrendForce, disappointing 1Q20 shipments by panel manufacturers, combined with continued acceleration of the COVID-19 pandemic in Europe and the U.S., resulted in a reduction of proposed TV panel purchases in 2Q20 by several major TV brands.
News categories: TrendForce, Asia, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
Nov 8, 2019 – MediaTek (TWSE: 2454) and TSMC (TWSE: 2330, NYSE: TSM) have announced that the industry’s first 8K digital TV SoC manufactured with 12nm technology, the MediaTek S900, has entered volume manufacturing with TSMC.
News categories: TSMC, MediaTek, Dr. Kevin Zhang, H.W. Kao, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Taiwan, Worldwide
Intel expected to recapture #1 semi supplier ranking in 2019
Mar 7, 2019 – According to IC Insights, for 2019, a steep drop in the memory market is forecast to pull the semiconductor market down by 7%. Although Intel’s semiconductor sales are expected to be relatively flat, the company is poised to regain the number 1 ranking this year.
News categories: IC Insights, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Dolphin Integration announces audio converter IP for set-top box ICs
Feb 9, 2015 – Dolphin Integration has announced the rollout of the third generation of audio converters with the sDACa-MT1.03, an ultra dense DAC with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) for audio applications.
News categories: Dolphin Integration, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
ARM introduces new 64-bit IP suite for high-end mobiles
Feb 3, 2015 – ARM (LSE: ARM; NASDAQ: ARMH) has announced a suite of IP featuring its new ARM Cortex-A72 processor. The IP suite also offers a graphics upgrade supporting visual experiences at up to 4K120fps resolution.
News categories: ARM, Pete Hutton, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allwinner announces SoC variant for high-end STBs
Oct 11, 2014 – In the run-up to the Hong Kong Electronics Fair, Allwinner Technology has announced an eight-core processor targeted at high-end smart set-top boxes and video games machines.
News categories: Allwinner, China, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service
- Cross Screen Media provides access to Roku ad platform
- CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius